Why must the AR-15 be so fun to build???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I just finished putting 2 lowers together tonight. First one took an 45 minutes because I haven't done one in so long. Second one took 25 minutes.

This is definitely what winter is for. Putting AR's together when it is to cold and to much snow on the ground to want to do anything.

Now not sure if I should buy uppers or not. I can't seem to find a good price on some without the BCG's and CH's since I already bought 2 BCG's and CH's.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its so funny, I am in the same boat. I really prefer AK's but really enjoy building AR's. So, I keep buying and building them, even though the AK is clearly the superior platform. ;) If AK's were as easy to build (or even find the receivers) I would build them instead.

In all honesty, I do still enjoy AR's but now am focusing on building pistols. Sig's new "arm brace" is looking very interesting...

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished building one with my nephew while watching the Rose Bowl. I gave him a FBT Anderson stripped lower for his birthday back in August, and gave him a CMMG/PSA build kit for Christmas. He is one happy camper! When we finished, he mentioned saving for an upper, but what he doesn't know is that I already ordered one from PSA and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll let him borrow it when he comes over to shoot with me, and eventually I'll let him know that it's all his.

It's a good thing he was here to help, cause the dadgum takedown detente pin fell out while I was installing the buffer tube. Didn't realize it until we tried to mate the lower to one of my uppers to do a function check. I looked and looked for it, and he found it while I was digging around for a flashlight.

The CMMG LPK was great, and I really appreciated the parts list and how they separate the parts into different colored baggies. The trigger was a really pleasant surprise--no creep or grit, and broke cleanly at around 6.25#.

All in all, a great night spent watching football and building an AR with my nephew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom