Why not more Gun Companies in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why do 2nd Amendment related businesses seem to almost avoid this great state? We have definitely lower tax rates, except sales tax. Wage costs are definitely low. Now I understand Texas has less taxes but nearly every neighboring state to OK except maybe New Mexico has at least 1 significant Firearms, Ammunition or gear manufacturing ompany. Missouri has lots and even Arkansas and Kansas have some. We did have that 1 billet AR maker in OKC 17Design but I've heard they shuttered. With a lot of old time manufacturers planning to leave Blue states as things become increasingly untenable one would think OK could attract some like several southern states like Tennessee and Texas have. Does Texas serve as that much of "Tax sink" to our economy?
I find it bizarre little states like New Hampshire can have more industry than us

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's easy to answer . Oklahoma in my life time has never been super business friendly , its not more expensive to do business here than other states and in fact its cheaper than most. The problem is Oklahoma state government and local governments don't dole out the tax breaks the way states like Texas does .

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our state is ran like a 3 year old with monopoly money. We're way behind on education and our roads are horrible. Our governor doesn't know what he's doing from one day to the next. Look at how he treats the tribes located here, knowing good and well their money given to education and our roads is more than any other funds besides our tax money. He wants all the tax he can collect and that doesn't fly for big companies.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our state is ran like a 3 year old with monopoly money. We're way behind on education and our roads are horrible. Our governor doesn't know what he's doing from one day to the next. Look at how he treats the tribes located here, knowing good and well their money given to education and our roads is more than any other funds besides our tax money. He wants all the tax he can collect and that doesn't fly for big companies.

Ok so here’s the thing , and I am a member of a tribe. The tribes have traditionally run wild in their dealings with the state for decades with the state having a mostly stand back and watch approach.

Stitt is the least tax and spend governor Oklahoma may have ever elected. He’s the only governor I can recall who has actively been lobbying the legislature to cut and ELIMINATE TAXES.

You might want to put the lid on the paint can and go take a fresh air break.

Last edited:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's hilarious. Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom