Why not more Gun Companies in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I look at it from the stand point they would,have to import of all of the materials to build anything. Steel mills normally in the North East United States. Missouri walnut shipped in for long guns. And as you all have said the labor market sucks here in the state right now.
A lot of the Missouri walnut is now harvested right in Oklahoma. The walnut forests have been depleted east of Oklahoma. There was a logging crew in my area along the Arkansas River two summers ago harvesting the wood. They approached me as we have a couple dozen walnuts on the property, some over 70' tall and 5-6' in diameter. They told us what they would pay for those trees, and it was tempting, but they provide way too much shade for the home.
There is a sign a mile North of our place from a company in Missouri offering to buy Walnut.
Think I actually posted a pic of that sign awhile back in another thread.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong but I look at it from the stand point they would,have to import of all of the materials to build anything. Steel mills normally in the North East United States. Missouri walnut shipped in for long guns. And as you all have said the labor market sucks here in the state right now.
We do have the Port of Catoosa

Latest posts

Top Bottom