Wild Game Recipes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie4570 showed the goose pic so here is the extremely long recipe.

Take goose breasts and soak in water for several days emptying "red water" each day until semi clear.

Take goose breast and sliver in half through the middle "thickness wise" so that the breast is around 1/4" or so.

Put goose breasts in ziploc. Add generous olive oil to ziploc. Add Montreal Steak seasoning to ziploc.

knead and let sit in fridge for several hours.

Heat grill to 400. Place breasts on grill for roughly 2 mins searing quickly. Turn over and sear for 2 mins.

Remove and cut lengthwise strips (against the grain).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dirty rice.jpgdirty rice 001.jpgdirty rice 002.jpgdirty rice 004.jpg
Brown two lbs ground wild pork
Add a few pieces chopped bacon
Add 1/4 of a deer liver, pureed, once pork is mostly browned
Add two chopped bell peppers, a few chopped serranos, two chopped onions, four or five chopped celery stalks
Cook until onions well done
stir in four or so tblspns Tony Cacheres Creole seasoning

For the rice:
5 cups long grain rice
instead of water, use 1/3 chicken broth, 2/3 water

When meat/veggies are done and rice is cooked, add in a couple bunches chopped green onions and rice
Mix it up good, adjust seasoning as desired

I don't like liver, but this dish isn't the same without it, and it does not have a "liver" taste.
store-bought pork and chicken liver works about as well, but the domestic pork will need grease drained before adding veggies.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest hunting buddy once said that my game recipes all started with frying bacon and onions because the smell would make ANYBODY hungry, after which I could spread dog turds on burnt bread and they would believe it was a gourmet meal.

Of course, his gourmet meal was anything FREE and cooked by anyone else.

HIS favorite breakfast recipe (I don't recommend it)

Put Ramen noodles in boiling water.
Add 2 well beaten eggs.
Add one can any brand (the cheapest you can find) refried beans
Add 2 slices bologna diced

Spoon mixture onto 3 flour tortillas, cover with cheap shredded cheese and picante sauce.

DO NOT let him get upwind of you or the camp fire, he is NOT silent but very deadly.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure everyone has tried it, but my favorite burgers are half ground venison and half ground wild pork. I don't need seasoning for them, but some people do, so I will occasionally use the Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning. My sister says she has dreamed about these burgers.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom