Will a 9m get it done for home protection just as well as a 40cal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.50 BMG is for wussies!

You need this *MINIMUM* for HD:

www.anzioironworks.com_images_20_mm.jpg

[Broken External Image]
I've shot that and it is a pussycat, hard to swing on a moving target though. LOL

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this will be for home defense only and not looked at for concealed carry I'd skip both the .40 and the 9mm and jump straight to the .45ACP.

Here are my reasons:

1. .45 ACP guns are usually bigger which typically means more recoil friendly which typically means faster follow up shots. Also a longer sight radius but in my opinion at self defense distances this is a moot point. This is more a concern of target/range pistols.

2. .45 ACP is one of the larger more readily available semi-automatic pistol cartridges available. Why go smaller and make sacrifices if you don't have to?

3. Some think bigger round=more recoil. Not always true from the shooters perspective. I prefer the .45 ACP recoil characteristics to both the 9mm and .40. Rent and shoot them all at the range and see what you think.

I must add, if you are using this to defend your home and that's it a shotgun pwns handguns any day of the week. But I understand wanting a handgun too.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I keep by my bedside. I just had the train tracks just laid right up to my bed. I'm currently looking for a light and laser to mount on picatinny rail I had welded on. Oh and for all you tech spec nerds out there it fires the effective 800mm man stopper.

i42.tinypic.com_2q8pts2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom