Wilshire Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got an invite for their private soft opening today.
What a nice place! Most of the hand guns are in open displays, teathered of course, so one can pick up a gun, work the action, and fondle it to your hearts content.
The ranges are first class. Great ventilation.
The 6, 100 yard bays are state of the art.
Your target can be placed anywhere in distance by computer. Just punch in how far, and the computer takes over from there.
The target can also be manipulated to turn 180 degrees, 90 degrees, or flip back and forth at speeds determined by the shooter. They can also put the shooter, and/or the targets in low light, and turn on strobes for either to simulate low light shooting.
The very best thing on the 100 yd bays is that there are cameras that view your target so you can see your hits on a monitor without bringing the target all the way back to the line

Now to the big question. The bar in a range.

When you check into the shooting area, your DL is scanned. Your assigned a bay, go shoot, and decide to eat. Your DL is scanned again at the food area. Want to go back and shoot? Your DL is scanned again, and your good to go.

Done shooting, and want a beer? Your DL is scanned again. At that time your shooting is over. There is no buying a round for the table. One beer/drink per person, and after a couple, your done. The wait staff has been trained to keep track as well as they can.

We were sitting and talking with one of the owners about the possibility of the system not working. One of the guys that had a beer said he was going to test the system, so he walked to the range counter, tried to get a lane and was denied.

There will be matches held at the range. It's in the works.
Prices of merchandise was reasonable.
The archery range looked to be 20-25 yds long. Did not go inside.

One of the most fun things was the laser simulator. A projector puts USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, or Steel Challenge targets on the screen, and you use a laser pistol or rifle to shoot them like at a real match. Dang that was fun!

I've got to find one of those for the shop. :D

There is a VIP area upstairs for conferences, team building meetings, etc.

Overall I have to say its the best range in Oklahoma, and one of the best that I've ever been to.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_23_0a02e7800c76061d995d706f977186b1.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_23_b086df7f95fb6f7aa6ed2082f580f784.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_23_624f1e366427bea8226eeb8501e3e7b2.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_23_bdb648c60de9e65ecdbd08d87ea4edd5.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_23_69daf30eb4d8167384c65d5e421fedf3.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you happen to see a price sheet for the range and when do they officially open?

I did not see a price sheet. Press day is tomorrow. I think I saw a sign that said they would be open this Friday or the next. Don't remember, but its soon.

BTW, the Food was very good. One of the guys had a double ruben. The meat was over 2" thick! I had a Cuban Sandwich that is pulled pork, ham, cheese, pickles, on a specially baked bread. Another guy had the ribs. He said they were really good. Another had a burger. He was happy as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom