Wilson Combat 1911 parts fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Smith ,as I was looking at that fine grouping . Did I notice what is called .."keyholeing" of the bullet hits"?
Thank You Mr. Smith for your time, knowledge and skill. ;)

Huh??

ETA... haha, gotcha now! I thought you were talking about a picture I posted... I couldn't figure out what you were talking about.

You look correct to me.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anthony :

Check your specs... 1911 Pistol barrel "OD" = ".580 to.581" + .001"
... Gunsmith bushing "ID"= .575"...ream to fit
"OD"= .699-.703" ("over .703" takes a "custom bushing"...I have had up to .710" fabricated for Odd ball situations)
To the fellow with the Kimber...have your 'smith make sure to relieve the ID of the bushing to eliminate "barrel spring which can cause vertical stringing of your bullets on your target."

Barry

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anthony :

Check your specs... 1911 Pistol barrel "OD" = ".580 to.581" + .001"
... Gunsmith bushing "ID"= .575"...ream to fit
"OD"= .699-.703" ("over .703" takes a "custom bushing"...I have had up to .710" fabricated for Odd ball situations)
To the fellow with the Kimber...have your 'smith make sure to relieve the ID of the bushing to eliminate "barrel spring which can cause vertical stringing of your bullets on your target."

Barry
"So shall it be written, so shall it be true." With thanks to Chuck Heston, if Barry says, do it. He probably knows more about 1911s than JMB. There. I said it.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Hoov...Thank G-d there is no rain in the forecast! My head swells in wet weather, and with excessive smoke blown up my "A**"... it makes it tough going through narrow doorways -lol

Be well,
Barry (ROFLMAO)