Wilson dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do Wilson dealers get 1911s cheaper than an individual???
I called Wilson to price a gun, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to get it cheaper???

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilson dealers agree when they purchase firearms to sell them at MSRP. If you find one cheaper than MSRP the seller is violating his agreement. You could probably find a decent deal on a used Wilson. The warranty still applies.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried out a couple of wilsons at the H&H fair and I honestly could not tell the difference (except in price) from them to the full size para models or the mid range Springfield models. Sorry but I just cant get over the $3K price point. For that price you could by two Springfields and about 2K rounds of .45 ammo.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wilsons are very nice, when I got a dealer package for Springfield Armory I sold every one but the very top of the line the 1911A1 Loaded TRP w/ 11 Gear System PC9107LP, that one has set in my case for 2 months now, most people seam to not have the money for those high priced ones. They sell real slow. They do sell, when the right person comes along that knows what they want. And you are right, there is a price that on certian guns you cannot go under, until your dealership runs out. if you buy from Davidsons, that does not make you a dealer. Not unless they sign you up for a program. It is different on some specials. If you go to different peoples web sites and their gallery of guns you will notice that the prices on those guns are different from dealer to dealer, that is because the dealer sets the profit in the key that he is willing to live with.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Wilsons are very nice, when I got a dealer package for Springfield Armory I sold every one but the very top of the line the 1911A1 Loaded TRP w/ 11 Gear System PC9107LP, that one has set in my case for 2 months now, most people seam to not have the money for those high priced ones. They sell real slow. They do sell, when the right person comes along that knows what they want. And you are right, there is a price that on certian guns you cannot go under, until your dealership runs out. if you buy from Davidsons, that does not make you a dealer. Not unless they sign you up for a program. It is different on some specials. If you go to different peoples web sites and their gallery of guns you will notice that the prices on those guns are different from dealer to dealer, that is because the dealer sets the profit in the key that he is willing to live with.

That's probably because the TRP has gotten WAAAAY overpriced for what it is. It's a 1911 full of MIM, doesn't come out of the custom shop but now commands a custom shop price. When they were $1000 ish they weren't so bad. (Don't throw a hissy fit and send me any PMs here.... this isn't a stab on you as a dealer... it has to do with SA's raising the prices and lowering quality on the TRP models. This phenom, along with kimber prices, has been a complaint in the 1911forums. :D)

Wilson dealers agree when they purchase firearms to sell them at MSRP. If you find one cheaper than MSRP the seller is violating his agreement. You could probably find a decent deal on a used Wilson. The warranty still applies.

There's a lot of guys online violating that agreement if it's true, it seems.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried out a couple of wilsons at the H&H fair and I honestly could not tell the difference (except in price) from them to the full size para models or the mid range Springfield models.

In my opinion the differences are like night and day.

One of my favorite things included with a Wilson is the build sheet with each step in the build process initialed off by each person involved. This sheet includes the names of each smith that performed work...usually totalling no more than 4 or 5 names. And the test target is pretty cool too, shot at 15 yards, indicating a nice clover leaf five shot group. Don't forget, there is not a MIM part on the gun...and a Wilson is not assembled...it is built.

But hey, they all shoot.