Wilson dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Les Baer (and a few others) are also good.

I have a Colt that's had some excellent work done by Earl House and Novak's.

After 40 years of using 1911s on a regular basis, I now carry either that custom Colt or a Wilson CQB daily.

The Wilson CQB is the real deal, equal to (or better than) some "custom" pistols that cost more.

Don't know if you'd get much of a price break from one dealer versus another, but suggest you check with OPS in Tulsa as you shop for the model you want.

I know they had a Wilson CQB on hand the other day in .40S&W. Have owned some 40s, and I admit being intrigued by it, but reckon I'll stick with the 45s.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone...
It has been awhile since I posted on the forum so I will put my $.02 in the mix.
Wilson produces very fine semi-production custom pistols with excellent components. The SA pistols can be from mild to wild depending on whether you go through their custom shop. In general you are going to get a better out of the box pistol from Wilson than SA. With that being said I can give you some figures that might help you decide if any of these pistols or services from these two providers are in your future...
I had a client send me a TRP from Chicago that he bought at a gun show for $1300. It was almost new. He told me it had a few feeding and accuracy issues and wanted me to go through the gun. In checking the barrel it was going up into the slide lugs too high and was shooting a foot low and to the left a couple of inches. It was just as easy and cost effective to put a new Nowlin match grade barrel in the gun than to weld up the original. This brings it into line with the FBI Pro model, SA's next step up. He also decided that he wanted to "game with this pistol" instead of carry it for now. So now we are going for accuracy, looks, and reliability to his standards which are "high."So I replaced all the internals and upgraded to tool steel where needed. Also a new SA MSH and magwell w/o the ILS. The parts were Ed Brown, EGW, Nowlin barrel, a 1.9lb Koenig Hammer and sear, C&S,etc. and fiber optic front sight and a replacement night sight set up for the new barrel for future carry. All the parts cost $717.00 w/o labor. Was it worth it? He got the pistol on a Tuesday and shot his first match on Thursday and never had a chance to testfire the pistol. He was 11 points down ... in the past he averaged 30 points down. He has the same amount of money in the SA as he would have in a Wilson. The only difference is I customized his pistol expressly for him and not a generic person out there in the ozone. Would it be worth it for you?...only you can answer if it is worth it to you to make that kind of investment...but there is a difference in handcrafting.
Barry