Wilson mags in a Kimber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itchyfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY pulled the trigger and bought 3 brand new Wilson 47oxc mags for my Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor, and they FREAKING FAIL TO FEED! ALL 3! Looks like the mage is about a half a bullet width too short to feed the round into the chamber. Did I do something wrong? Is it just me? I use Wilsons in my full size 1911's and they all (about 12 of them) function flawlessly.

Anybody have any feedback? Can anyone advise me on some 7 stainless 7 rounders that WILL work?

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I should proof read. They are 47DOX mags. :bighug:

Not that I know too much but D is for the standard baseplate (guns without extended magwell) and DE is the longer for magwells. The OX is officer and compact soooo... DOX should be no magwell flair and an officer/compact. I have a magwell on my CDP so I just use the standard full size Ds so I can snap them in tight and get the extra ammo. Hope my nonsense helped....

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the Kimber mags. I purchased a Wilson mag since they are claimed to be the best in my Ultra Carry II it hangs a round or 2 every mag! My Kimber mag has never FTF. They may be great in some 1911's but my Kimber they're crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom