Win 748

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't loaded more than a pound of it in all the reloading I have done over the years. You can find load data for 223, 30-30, 308, 30-06, 8mm mauser for the more common loads on the www.hodgdon.com website. It isn't the best all around powder, but if you already have it, it is certainly usable. Good luck with it. Blitzfike

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone use it in .22-250?

Yes. I just started loading .22-250 again. I had one, sold it about twenty years ago (dumb move), and just recently bought another one. Point is, I can't say that I have found any excellent loads with it in this rifle yet. However, if the manuals you have don't show any loads with 748, PM me with what bullet(s) you're wanting to load, and I'll see if I can't fix you up with some data. (No responsibility, of course!)

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
748 is great powder for the .223. H-380 has been my go to powder for the .22-250 for years. It meters easy and has been a very accurate powder for me on coyotes. 36.6 gr with a 55 gr v-max is a deadly coyote/bobcat round...no exit wounds and kills them like a hammer. Not as hot as some like to load it but it kills better at the lower velocity in my experience. Killed several (6-10) deer with that load too and they are drt too. Hope this helps. I'd keep the 748 for .223 loads or trade with someone.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used 748 years ago for 5.56 MM match ammo reloads with good results. It meters smoothly from a Dillon RL 550 progressive reloader.

Latest posts

Top Bottom