Win A Guided Bull Elk Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The raffle is a fundraiser for the OYH&SP. We teach gun safety and marksmanship to youth from non hunting families and ultimately take the children on a deer hunt during Oklahoma youth deer season. The hunts take place on land that is offered/donated for use for the youth deer season. The lodging, meals, guns, and ammo are provided on these hunts. The guns remain in possesion of the OYH&SP, however at this time many guns are borrowed from members such as myself for the hunt weekend so that all hunt groups will have a gun. A hunt group is a volunteer hunting guide that is a member of the OYH&SP,the child and adult guardian.

The raffle is a drawing for 1 hunter (raffle winner or can be gifted) to go on a guided bull elk hunt on a private ranch in New Mexico. There is potential to take a bull that will score 360"-370". I believe the hunt value is about $7500.

Tickets are $20/ticket or 3/$50. It is an excellent organization that helps promote hunting and teaches responsibility, gun safety, and sportsmanship.

Tickets can be purchased from me, Deer Slayer, Huckleberry75 or Okie 4570.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the top for the last two weeks. Guys its looking like better than 1:1000 odds. We have a maximum of 1000 tickets and it doesn't look like all will be sold. So your odds are very good. Its for a great cause and the hunt can be gifted if you are drawn and know you won't be able to go. Tickets are 1/$20; 3/$50

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are on the countdown to drawing a winner. The drawing is 3 weeks out now. Tickets numbers are dwindling. Ticket sales stop on July 1. So if you want to get in you had better hurry or you lose out. Somebody is going on a hunt of a lifetime and kill a bull over 280 inches. It only takes 1 ticket to win. Remember the proceeds of the raffle allows children from non hunting homes to go on their first deer hunt. The more tickets sold allows more children to experience what we take for granted. We are changing a child's future 1 person at a time. So please help us help them.Buy a ticket. Do you rember your first deer hunt?? I do 38 years ago.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay youngsta, watch yo self. I went on my first deer hunt when I was 23. I went alone on my uncle's property along Kiamichi River and paddled across the river in the dark. I had built a wooden deer stand up in a tree at a bottlekneck on a lake that my family owns. I never thought about snakes or other critters getting me, just that I wanted to hunt deer. I had earned enough money working in the sporting goods dept at Montgomery Wards in Penn Square to buy a Rem 700 in .308. I had read all of the Sports Afield, Field and Stream and Outdoor Life magazines and picked the .308 because if the caliber was good enough for the military then it was good enough for me. I also knew that ammunition would be easy to find. This was the summer of 1969. 1973 was when I started to hunt deer. The flame has never been extinguished. Now a lifetime later, I farm for deer, write a column on food plot basics, write a column on managing farm ponds and lakes in another forum, have been blessed with a son who has the same passion as myself, Huckleberry 75, took you on your first elk hunt, and finally, raise funds to take children on their first deer hunt. The bones are getting old, the muscles are aching, am healing from cancer surgery, but the flame still burns bright. When I go to my final resting place and get to see my Dad again, I can honestly say " Thanks Dad, for what you have instilled in me". Roosta - I found your dang "gnats" again.

Tha edge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brought a tear to my eye you young whipper-snapper. Been hunting elk 30 years. Coyotes and deer....52 years. Those hills are at lot steeper and farther to the top but the thrill is still there.
dave

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Dave, you and I have walked many a mile thru life together. It is because of you that I have hunted New Mexico for 13 years. It is because of you that I own the most accurate rifle in the house (1/2" group @200yds). It is because of you that Huckleberry and I own the sharpest knives in Oklahoma, and probably a few other states. We use NOTHING else,course you knew that. We have hunted deer,elk,pheasants,quail, antelope, and pasture poodles(prairie dogs) together. We have caught fish together and I was at your wife's side when the world almost lost you. She looked at me and asked what should we do. We agreed paddle him one more time....... Yes Dave we have walked many a mile together and our journey is not over yet.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay youngsta, watch yo self. I went on my first deer hunt when I was 23. I went alone on my uncle's property along Kiamichi River and paddled across the river in the dark. I had built a wooden deer stand up in a tree at a bottlekneck on a lake that my family owns. I never thought about snakes or other critters getting me, just that I wanted to hunt deer. I had earned enough money working in the sporting goods dept at Montgomery Wards in Penn Square to buy a Rem 700 in .308. I had read all of the Sports Afield, Field and Stream and Outdoor Life magazines and picked the .308 because if the caliber was good enough for the military then it was good enough for me. I also knew that ammunition would be easy to find. This was the summer of 1969. 1973 was when I started to hunt deer. The flame has never been extinguished. Now a lifetime later, I farm for deer, write a column on food plot basics, write a column on managing farm ponds and lakes in another forum, have been blessed with a son who has the same passion as myself, Huckleberry 75, took you on your first elk hunt, and finally, raise funds to take children on their first deer hunt. The bones are getting old, the muscles are aching, am healing from cancer surgery, but the flame still burns bright. When I go to my final resting place and get to see my Dad again, I can honestly say " Thanks Dad, for what you have instilled in me". Roosta - I found your dang "gnats" again.
Dang you, make my allergies flare up. Good reading though. Thank you! I can't wait for the next fishing or hunting trip!

Latest posts

Top Bottom