Winchester 94 .45 LC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just found a NIB Winchester 94 that I done some trading on. I know know know a lot about this gun, but it was to sweet of a deal to let go. From what I was told, it is not a easy gun to find, but it is the Winchester 94 in .45LC. What do you all think about this gun??

ai92.photobucket.com_albums_l3_ColtDogg223_Winchester94001.jpg

ai92.photobucket.com_albums_l3_ColtDogg223_Winchester94005.jpg

ai92.photobucket.com_albums_l3_ColtDogg223_Winchester94008.jpg

ai92.photobucket.com_albums_l3_ColtDogg223_Winchester94009.jpg

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am not into the Cowboy action guns, just when I seen it, I thought this would be a cool gun to have. I am kinda thinking about giving it to my dad for X-mas this year.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert on them but it appears to be one of the later models with the safety. Many purists have a real issue with the safety and some remove it then use a rubber plug to fill the hole left behind. From what I've read these were not actually made by Winchester but by Miroku. Either way they are discontinued now and should always hold their value.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am not into the Cowboy action guns, just when I seen it, I thought this would be a cool gun to have. I am kinda thinking about giving it to my dad for X-mas this year.

Ha! :pms2: Neither was I...until I got my 94. ;)

Since then, I've bought a 12 gauge coach gun, a leather butt cuff for both the 94 and the scattergun, a cartridge belt that holds both rifle cartridges and shotgun shells and I am currently saving for a .45 caliber Schofield and all the assorted leather.

I don't know why, actually. :scratch: I don't plan on shooting any cowboy matches or anything.

Yet. :rolleyes2

I'm no expert on them but it appears to be one of the later models with the safety. Many purists have a real issue with the safety and some remove it then use a rubber plug to fill the hole left behind. From what I've read these were not actually made by Winchester but by Miroku. Either way they are discontinued now and should always hold their value.

Yeah, mine has the safety. But I don't see the name/word "Miroku" on it anywhere. :ugh2:

And trust me...I've went over every inch of this little carbine over with a fine tooth comb. :naughty:

BadWin45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I flat out love mine, it's a fantastic rifle. Congrats on a good find!

I shoot primarily low pressure plinking loads with lead bullets but my heavies are 240 gr Hornady XTP Mags at 1900 FPS. This load thumped a 200# pig at 70 yards and put him down within 30 yds.

ETA: Install the saddle ring. It will help keep you from accidentally engaging the cross bolt safety.

Go check out leverguns.com. Tons of good info there. http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewforum.php?f=3

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to have it. I am waiting on a good deal or trade for one. I have always like the lever action. Hopefully I will find one in great condition like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom