Winchester model 70 featherweight - year MFG?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've searched the Internet till my faced turned blue. Anyone want to take a stab at identifying the year it was made??

Serial number is 35czz07975. Caliber is .243

Everything I find either has a all numbers or starts with a G.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Juston

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say call Winchester. To the best of my knowledge, they did all contain only numbers or started with a "G." Let us know what you find out!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say call Winchester. To the best of my knowledge, they did all contain only numbers or started with a "G." Let us know what you find out!

I think winchester charges you. I have an old rifle that I was wanting some info on, and they wanted my cc #.
This was a few years back, so if they have changed, good for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on calling tomorrow. I did stumble across a couple of pics on the Internet and a video that had the same prefix, but there was no info. Thanks for the input!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I plan on calling tomorrow. I did stumble across a couple of pics on the Internet and a video that had the same prefix, but there was no info. Thanks for the input!

The link I posted above makes you join for a fee to see the Model 70 info. Is this an older rifle or a newer one?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lol I thought maybe it was really worn or maybe pristine to give some idea. You can tell if it was a pre 64' by looking at the end of the bolt face. If it doesn't completely circle case head and has the large mauser style extractor, it was built prior to 64'. If the large extractor is absent, and the bolt face has a raised portion that encircles the bolt face, it's post 64'. The the exact year you're looking for, but a start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom