wind drift/ballistics question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never run it thru a chrony, reloading data suggests the same as your .300, I just use more powder to get it done. I've tried IMR-7828, RL-25 and retumbo. I use a Fed215 primer and still have unburnt power in the last 5" of the barrel after each shot. Got a steal of a deal on the gun is the only reason I have it, could have bought an identical one in .338 Lapua as well at the same time and didn't, still kicking myself over that one. The Retumbo seemed to burn more complete but was minute of elephant on accuracy. I've used the RL-25 mostly and with excellent accuracy (3/4" or less) with bullets 125gr-200gr. I've got quick access to a chrony now so I need to run some rounds thru it.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 300 RUM and I am loading with data from a Nosler reloading manual. I am loading 96 grain of H1000 under a 180 grain Nosler Accubond. I don't have access to a chrono at this time, but manual is showing about 3200 fps.

That is the same load I went with on my 300RUM except I ended up at 94 grains. Mine held a little tighter group at 94 than it did at 96.

Latest posts

Top Bottom