Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh that so is have you been in a Fortune 50 datacenter? Or maybe did a ride along with an AC repairman, or maybe went and posted something unrelated to the post you were responding to?

It was obvious to most that he was talking about his line of work. It's apparent that it was not obvious to all. My child isn't educated by a union employee either, thanks for playing.

Skillset of a union member is that not a broad statement???? Like I said not all teachers firemen and police officers! And your welcome. Well guess what when I come drag your a$$ out of a burning building you will have been rescued by a union member!And your welcome.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skillset of a union member is that not a broad statement???? Like I said not all teachers firemen and police officers! And your welcome. Well guess what when I come drag your a$$ out of a burning building you will have been rescued by a union member!And your welcome.

It wasn't a broad statement. You're just too upset about whatever, perhaps simply that someone isn't a union sycophant, to address what he's saying. The rest of your post also has nothing to do with anything we were talking about. You're welcome.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOWEVER....

It should be a fair and level playing field for both sides, not with the game rigged too much by the federal government. The FLSA says that an employer cannot fire a worker solely because he is striking? WTF. I say that that's unfair.

I disagree with your statement.
Public and private employers can fire strikers. This is a fact.
It is on record where employees were permanently "replaced" when they went on strike and never made it back. In my book that means "fired".

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems too many want to make somebody pay rather than take the risk on themselves. The only difference between the hard working business owner and the hard working employee is the appetite for risk.

You are correct, business owners do take the risks and have to work hard. Their rewards can also be "the sky is the limit".
Employees don't take the same risks and most don't have to take their work home and think about it 24/7. They of course will never have the opportunity to make more than wages.
So, at this point, do you think it is wrong for those who will for ever work for a living, to try to improve their conditions? They are not trying to be millionaires, only businessmen can do that, who deserve it but who also made it thanks to their workers.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, at this point, do you think it is wrong for those who will for ever work for a living, to try to improve their conditions? They are not trying to be millionaires, only businessmen can do that, who deserve it but who also made it thanks to their workers.

Awesome Nraman! As a business owner, I have seen some employees get an entitlement mentality, and I dislike that. However, I have been lucky enough to have great employees who have gone the extra mile and contributed to my success. That's why I bust ass to take care of them with bonuses, help in crises, etc. When you have good people you must take care of them.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome Nraman! As a business owner, I have seen some employees get an entitlement mentality, and I dislike that. However, I have been lucky enough to have great employees who have gone the extra mile and contributed to my success. That's why I bust ass to take care of them with bonuses, help in crises, etc. When you have good people you must take care of them.

This is absolutely correct. Incompetence is the norm, not the exception. There are too many incompetent or lazy people out there so when you get a good one, it pays you to help them out. This is why I think unions are not the greatest, they lump in the bad workers with the good workers. It is better to let a man(or woman) stand out on his own merits than get lumped in with the bad workers.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't a broad statement. You're just too upset about whatever, perhaps simply that someone isn't a union sycophant, to address what he's saying. The rest of your post also has nothing to do with anything we were talking about. You're welcome.

"I have seen some of the skillset of union employees." I'm sorry did I miss something? I could't see his expression when he made that comment . which part in there did you see him designate a certain union? I'm on here trying to inform some people what other types of unions are out there? That it's not all thugs carrying ball bats telling it you would be a good idea if they signed up for the union. Trying to paint a different picture here!

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Perhaps your employees are great because they respond to proper treatment.
I see it as a symbiotic relationship.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I bust ass to take care of them with bonuses, help in crises, etc. When you have good people you must take care of them.
And you guys think that a company simply because it is a corporation doesn't understand that?

What color is the sky in your world.

successful companies large and small understand that their employees make them or break them and treat them like the valuable resource that they are.

It's the union guys drinking the kool-aid force fed to them by self serving thugs that want their members to believe otherwise. And what they want their members to believe about the corporate quality of workplace, benefits, wages is hogwash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom