Wonder if recent events will turn around and strengthen the pro 2A side?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last 6 days, we've all watched the news spam out "This is sure to reignite the gun control debate" within an hour of the Newtown, CT murders, the President's scripted emotional speech, Dianne Feinstein's well worn rhetoric, supposedly pro 2A representatives throwing it under the bus for attention and the predictably Hippocratic responses from the international community to disarm citizens. At the same time, a gun, ammo and part buying frenzy unmatched by any in recent history has occurred.

No one can disagree with the facts- It was a tragedy perpetuated by a single, determined and mentally unstable individual that had access to firearms, a car, money and probably other means of violent action. In hindsight, his mom broke the rule of "Responsible gun owners owning, using and storing their guns responsibly" and paid the ultimate price, although she probably didn't consider him a danger to others (news still hasn't defined what type of inpatient treatment she was apparently seeking for him). What's got the hair on the back of my neck standing up is the (No longer) thinly veiled disarmament machine that's used this as a springboard to jump into full attack mode this week.

What I wonder is if this'll all turn around and result with blocking further restrictions on firearms and ammo, a stronger support of 2A rights and prevention of Obama & Co. from twisting the situation to support his own agenda. I hope my vote, letters and endowment dollars help the NRA to do what they do best.

Thoughts?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you and hope for example, this prompts us to finally get rid of federal mandated gunfree zones that are nothing but killing zones, and that also make every CCW holder a felon if carrying in another state.
Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990
to learn more about this draconinan law passed and signed by Mr. Bush the elder.
It's directly led to mass killings....maybe the anti 2As (like Bush, Clinton, McCain, of course now Obama, Romney and all the other political elites) knew this all along and viewed this as a prerequisite to taking our 2A rights away?
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom