Wondering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was against the law fill the end of a HP with salt and seal with wax ? I would not do it myself but I was thinking that if someone got shot with that and lived how bad it would burn .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just have to ask a question here. Has anybody watched any video's of a bullet hitting ballistic gellatin?

The 1 grain of salt would only mingle with the blood, and internal body organs turned into mush with the hydrostatic shock of most hollow point bullets used in SD in this day and time.

I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but people shot with anything are not like people on video games.

Depending on the twist and friction, bullets are incredibly hot coming out of the barrel to start with.

Just to stay on topic with any urban legends regarding salt, does anybody have any credible reports of ANYBODY ever shot with rock salt.

I loaded up some one time just to check it out, and the salt turned into dust at the shot. I was 20 feet away from a sheet of newspaper, and never got one penetration.

So, with that test in mind, I'm calling Bull hockey on getting shot with rock salt.

Wasn't there some stupid hollywood movie that had somebody putting cyanid in a HP? HAHA

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother claims she was peppered along with her brothers in her youth while tipping outhouses (I believe) one halloween. She said it hurts.

Last edited:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother claims she was peppered along with her brothers in her youth while tipping outhouses (I believe) one halloween. She said it hurts.

I'd say that if you were far enough away and the salt was fair sized and jagged (sharp), that maybe getting hit by it and getting small cuts would probably hurt like hell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom