Workshop/garage storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soon we’re downsizing and moving into the 2 car garage rent house,

Do not mess with anything until you move of course.
You already hit on the fact the tools are crammed into the drawers and so many you can't organize them.
That is the way my wrenches ,sockets etc etc are organized.
I do have a spare tool box i keep runover sockets in.

I also made a tool box from ammo cans for each vehicle and for the boats that usually stay in the vehicles and boats.
Got the basic tools I need to do starters and alternators or belts etc on the side of the road. Tape and zip ties and a little bailing wire go a long ways in those boxes.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only someone was recently selling a boatload of safety deposit boxes huh?
Lmao
Good luck!
Wish I could help, but I'm extremely limited myself with no end in sight.
The only thing I have going for me is I tend to collect things that are easy to stack.
20210327_214548.jpg

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not mess with anything until you move of course.
You already hit on the fact the tools are crammed into the drawers and so many you can't organize them.
That is the way my wrenches ,sockets etc etc are organized.
I do have a spare tool box i keep runover sockets in.

I also made a tool box from ammo cans for each vehicle and for the boats that usually stay in the vehicles and boats.
Got the basic tools I need to do starters and alternators or belts etc on the side of the road. Tape and zip ties and a little bailing wire go a long ways in those boxes.
For the record, if everyone had a backyard like yours, we wouldn't need more space. I'm jealous...

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao
Good luck!
The only thing I have going for me is I tend to collect things that are easy to stack.
View attachment 199265
LOL, the safety deposit boxes I bought off of you are stacked in my storage and looks like yours. LOL
I am sure I will use them eventually, just waiting for the right idea. lol!!

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pallet racks. You can get 8' wide and park a car under them. We have them in the shop and back trucks/trailers under them with storage above.
Wood deck or expanded metal between the rails, depends on what your storing. In the car wash, we put 100/200 gal water tanks and extra soap.
Each shelf holds 3000 lbs. 14' tall or cut them off.
Place on MacArthur about a mile south of I40, east side, sells new and used.

Edited.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about a PODS storage unit?
I already have a storage unit, and I would like to get out of the extra cost honestly. Also, the toolboxes are too heavy to move without hard ground. I’ll probably call a rollback when we move to get them moved safely.
We just downsized after 22 years. Went from a big corner lot with 4 bedrooms and a 3 car garage. My ‘office’ had all my gun stuff in it. My garage was oversized even for a 3 car. I had plenty of room. I rented a storage unit and all of my hunting, reloading and most of my tools are there. Going to do a decent size shed in the backyard for my new place
I wanna get out of my storage unit, and when we move I was thinking of buying a decent shed. Is Lowe’s/Home Depot about the only route for this? Or is there a better option? I was kinda thinking of investing in a 8x16 sized box trailer perhaps to park in the side yard of the next house just to use as storage for the time being, it would make things easy to move in a year or two after we fix up the rent house and get money together to buy a house with a shop.
The biggest space taker upper I have ever found was the same item stored in 10 different places. If you have a buch of bolts and screws sort them out and store like items in the same place. Don't have 3 inch screws here and over there and in that drawer and some in a new box you just bought because you couldn't find the ones you just knew you had over here and over there and in that drawer.
Keep all tools in the same area/toolbox too. Not like me with four tool boxes.
BTW I thought I saw a sign that CAT down on Reno was hiring mechanics.
Have any cool ideas for bolt bins? My stuff is kinda organized, but still spread out to an extent.
Cat won’t pay me, and I’m trying to get out of turning wrenches. I’m currently going through the VA’s vocational rehab program to become a home inspector.
Lmao
Good luck!
View attachment 199265

you think those boxes could be put in a rack or a slide to make them accessible?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are shed builders all over the metro. We built two lean-to type sheds under the eaves of our house. We have a small plastic shed for the mower.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I wanna get out of my storage unit, and when we move I was thinking of buying a decent shed. Is Lowe’s/Home Depot about the only route for this? Or is there a better option? I was kinda thinking of investing in a 8x16 sized box trailer perhaps to park in the side yard of the next house just to use as storage for the time being, it would make things easy to move in a year or two after we fix up the rent house and get money together to buy a house with a shop."

Trailers are easy to steal

Latest posts

Top Bottom