Workshop/garage storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If ya stick the tongue into a corner or up against a tree (and chain it to something substantial, like a tree) before ya load it down, it won't be so easily turned around once loaded where someone could hook it up and go.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

or take the tires off if it’s gonna be there awhile...

Or if it has a bolt on coupler instead of welded, unbolt it from the frame.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, even putting it in the backyard leaves it open to being stolen, def don’t want that. I doubt the girlfriend would like it either.

image.jpg
image.jpg

here’s the mess. I’ve made a ton of progress since I posted this thread, previously you could barely fit a small car inside. I already have a toolbox and a rat pack in storage, and the montezuma triangle box is going to @Shottyshooter90 sometime this week. Now I just need to figure out how to fit/build a welding table in here without losing a bunch of newly found real estate.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, even putting it in the backyard leaves it open to being stolen, def don’t want that. I doubt the girlfriend would like it either.

View attachment 199652 View attachment 199653

here’s the mess. I’ve made a ton of progress since I posted this thread, previously you could barely fit a small car inside. I already have a toolbox and a rat pack in storage, and the montezuma triangle box is going to @Shottyshooter90 sometime this week. Now I just need to figure out how to fit/build a welding table in here without losing a bunch of newly found real estate.
Amatures.

shop1.png
shop2.png
shop3.png
shop4.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ceiling to floor shelves and use the attic for the items you use every blue moon . Inventory list and location. Be anal about making sure you put it back where it goes or lose sleep trying to remember WTH you did with it !! Had a Buck 110 I "lost" in a rarely used box on the top shelf!! Not even sure why I would have put it in that box so I ass-u-me I knocked it off the bench into the box and put it away !! :cool: It did make my day when I found it. :woohoo1:
I'm anal about putting tools back into the correct drawer, wiped clean, ready to use.
Spent 40 some years working out of personal tool boxes. Every tool has its place and is replaced in the same location. The tool boxes at home are the same as the ones used at work before retiring.
After retiring, there are two big roll around tool boxes of Identical tools and I don't buy cheap tools.
Reason why is that I had to provide my personal tools for the job. The company offered a process where one could order tools through them, and then put on a payroll deduction.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pallet racks. You can get 8' wide and park a car under them. We have them in the shop and back trucks/trailers under them with storage above.
Wood deck or expanded metal between the rails, depends on what you're storing. In the car wash, we put 100/200 gal water tanks and extra soap.
Each shelf holds 3000 lbs. 14' tall or cut them off.
Place on MacArthur about a mile south of I40, east side, sells new and used.

Edited.
I have pallet racks in the shop building as well for large Items.
Warning! Anchor them top and bottom. I've worked at two places where pallet racks became top heavy, came down and killed someone.
I have some of the lateral beams of shelf racks, no ends if anyone is interested

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With your train of thought and future I'd go trailer, it'll always have resale and if wide enough you can give yourself an aisle.. Galley kitchen mechanic style..

Latest posts

Top Bottom