World Series of Poker...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Table soccer??? You mean Foos Ball??
Yepp. At one time when Starbucks was still open in Moore Ok we had some of the best players on the planet from Oklahoma, one player in particular from OKC who lives in Tulsa now is still listed in the top 5 in the world and was the youngest pro to ever win a world singles and doubles title in the same weekend, it was 1991' in Dallas, I was there. He's the other guy I know who has played in the world series of poker. Local tournaments in OKC are now at Little Dicks Halfway Inn. He's also a pro pool player. Tulsa has alot of pro pool players, pro card players, and pro foosball players.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: I was a foos ball playing fool when I was in college ... :P

When I was a kid I would steal my parents change to go play pool and foosball against the bigger kids at our local gameroom, and over at the billiards hall I would play pool and snooker and sit at the card tables and play poker, pitch or dominoes with the old men. We had a full size snooker table and a Tornado foosball table at home. Im 45 and still playing, tournaments when I have time. I even own a small vending company distributing tables in bars and game rooms

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was a kid I would steal my parents change to go play pool and foosball against the bigger kids at our local gameroom, and over at the billiards hall I would play pool and snooker and sit at the card tables and play poker, pitch or dominoes with the old men. We had a full size snooker table and a Tornado foosball table at home. Im 45 and still playing, tournaments when I have time. I even own a small vending company distributing tables in bars and game rooms

I miss shootin pool. Back in my Navy days I could just bout win a drunk on every weekend.
I sucked a foosball. Could play ping pong with the very best tho.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was at the hospital in Ada, one of our pathologists hit it big in that tourney... I want to say he placed 3rd or 4th and came away with like $400k, then the next year finished 7th and ended up with more money because of the pot. I don't remember exactly, but he scored big and was in the top 10 both years, top 5 one year - maybe even runner-up.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a complete subgroup of long time friends, relatives and even an ex and her new guy who make all or a portion of their living from gaming: cards, gambling, coin op gaming (pool, darts, foosball, etc), LAN tournaments, and video gaming. My own grandfather was a gambler. He had an oil business in OKC but he was so serious with his gambling that he maintained a place in Vegas for when he was playing cards, a place in Ruidoso just down the road from the race track, a place in Rio, etc. I grew up around it. Played all my life with family and friends, but just suck at poker. Cant gamble and win at poker for shite. I can hold my own at certain card games and most gaming, but its the poker I just dont have what it takes to compete seriously at- so I just stay away from it. I will play pickup games in the rooms late at night at our tour foosball tournaments and thats cool.

This kid in my OP I would watch when he was a little dude and he would just embarrass the older guys. I saw him take a guy down that I knew very well, clear to making him give him his shoes once after already losing hundreds to him. His shoes. Then the idiot challenged him to foosball. He was a tour pro himself, but the kid was already on his way to being a world champ, he took him for several thousand after the guy had one of his employees from his restaurant bring him some money twice. He just wouldnt quit. Freaking gamblers.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yepp. At one time when Starbucks was still open in Moore Ok we had some of the best players on the planet from Oklahoma, one player in particular from OKC who lives in Tulsa now is still listed in the top 5 in the world and was the youngest pro to ever win a world singles and doubles title in the same weekend, it was 1991' in Dallas, I was there. He's the other guy I know who has played in the world series of poker. Local tournaments in OKC are now at Little Dicks Halfway Inn. He's also a pro pool player. Tulsa has alot of pro pool players, pro card players, and pro foosball players.

I spent a lot of time at Starbucks. There were great players there and had awesome tournaments. We lived walking distance from there and would spend a lot of the summer there.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My b-i-l thinks hes good at cards but cant rub two nickels together... hes on the cherokee team and sucks at life, pretty sad really as its destroyed his family...hasnt even had a car for 3 yrs its consumed everything and ultimately is costing him his family now....he is just a compulsive liar no poker face about it...

I stand in awe watching the real players script their craft.. hope your buddy cleans hojse

Latest posts

Top Bottom