Worst. Hunting. Season. Ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.....sorta. Been my best and worst season. I haven't killed anything but 5 ducks. But i'd only shot at 1 deer in my life before this year and it was a shot I never should have taken. This year I missed 3 deer when given the chance but saw a bunch. My cam is full of pictures of nice bucks that will be ready next year. I've seen a lot of ducks this year and learned alot but just haven't had a lot of success. I've taken my daughter out twice this year and she is hooked. Thats the best part of it all. 4 Years old and I just made a partner for life hopefully. So I got nothing to show for it but memories but I sure learned a ton!

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I lost my job today so it looks like I may have a little more duck and deer season left than I expected.
Going to try to hammer 'em again tomorrow!

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost your job. Hope you have something in your back pocket to get back in the workforce.

Thanks Dennis. If it really comes down to it, I'll be okay for a few months. My racist, egotistical, wife-beating ex-boss can do all the work now while I hunt until the end of the month. I got till Thursday to kill a deer and until the 25th to slay some ducks.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We didn't have much of a season either, but losing your job is insult to injury. Hope you bounce back soon on the job front. There's always next year for whitetails! Hunters have to be the eternal optimists! We are used to having a full freezer this time each year. Looks like we are gonna harvest more brangus than usual. Such is life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom