Worst. Hunting. Season. Ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were easy, it would be called golf. I don't believe it either. Hey, at least you had time to go. Chin up!

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were easy, it would be called golf. I don't believe it either. Hey, at least you had time to go. Chin up!

Yeah, believe me I'd rather be out in the field and bring home nothing than sittin' at home watching the tube. It's a good feeling at the end of the day, with my legs wore out and aching, to know I tried my best. I'll keep my chin up. I love hunting way too much to let a bad season beat me down.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, believe me I'd rather be out in the field and bring home nothing than sittin' at home watching the tube. It's a good feeling at the end of the day, with my legs wore out and aching, to know I tried my best. I'll keep my chin up. I love hunting way too much to let a bad season beat me down.

That shifty-eyed dude in your Avatar is mocking me. . . I just know it....

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1405.jpgOne day CAN make up for the whole season. It's just one bird, but to see the enthusiasm on the boys' faces when they got to hold their first duck is something we will remember forever.
My younger son just started going out on hunts with us this season, so I'm glad he got to have a positive experience. He said "Dad, it's my first duck hunt AND we killed a duck! Can I keep a foot?":)

It started off on a strange note when just at LST, two bozos came up not 20 yards from our blind and started blasting my dekes. Really? You didn't see the Jeep parked nearby? Maybe figure people are out here hunting with decoys? Idiots.:finger: After running them off, it wasn't 5 minutes later that this fella came humming in to the spread. We also missed a few more, but the one was enough to hook the boys.

My older son who is quite a fisherman, and now considers himself a hunter, said as we walked back "Dad, I love duck hunting now!"
You can't beat that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You had a great day!

I have to admit hunting some dekes about 30 years ago. Saw them from a bridge, made a 1/4 mile stalk across some mud flats/cat tail areas, and just before busting them at a brush pile, a voice came from it.......You guys aint gonna shoot my dekes are ya?

Totally humiliated, we took the long walk back to the truck. I'll bet the guy was laughing all the while....

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 45008One day CAN make up for the whole season. It's just one bird, but to see the enthusiasm on the boys' faces when they got to hold their first duck is something we will remember forever.
My younger son just started going out on hunts with us this season, so I'm glad he got to have a positive experience. He said "Dad, it's my first duck hunt AND we killed a duck! Can I keep a foot?":)

It started off on a strange note when just at LST, two bozos came up not 20 yards from our blind and started blasting my dekes. Really? You didn't see the Jeep parked nearby? Maybe figure people are out here hunting with decoys? Idiots.:finger: After running them off, it wasn't 5 minutes later that this fella came humming in to the spread. We also missed a few more, but the one was enough to hook the boys.

My older son who is quite a fisherman, and now considers himself a hunter, said as we walked back "Dad, I love duck hunting now!"
You can't beat that.

Super Cool!!! Congrats!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom