Wotac Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Wotac scope that Wonder Optics in Glenpool is selling. Looking at a 4x14x50 for a bolt gun in 308. They seem pretty reasonable in price and some good things have been said about them on other forums. Just wondered if anyone on here owns or has owned one.
Thanks

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one and LOVE it! I had a little issue with a sunshade that wouldn't screw in and Matt sent me a newer version scope, I have mine on my LR 243 but I'm thinking about getting rid of my SS 10X and getting another of Matts scopes. Any questions let me know. Later,

Kirk

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna take the plunge. I've had a couple of Falcon scopes I got from him and have been really happy with the deal, seems like a really good guy. If you decide to unload your SS let me know. I probably have something to put it on.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good and bad - I met Matt and picked up a Falcon from him and I'm happy with it, but it just seems like there are more proven scopes out there in the same price-range than his own brand (the new SS scopes are kick-ass for the price). Vortex's mid-range end is looking pretty nice now days as well.

I'd be willing to try his scopes out but he's fairly proud of them for being a new guy on the block - I don't doubt his quality, but he's already on Gen 4 of that scope, so I just hope the bugs are worked out of it.

BTW, Falcon has a new 5-25 power FFP scope on the market for a fairly decent budget - I may have to get that beast.

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 of the Wotacs scope both on 308's and think they are very good scopes for the money. You get several great features and the customer service is awesome. Matt will go out of his way to make his customers happy and get the service right. You can look on snipercentral.com for a more detailed review of the scopes and the competition. Plus all SS come in fixed power. I think they are a great buy for all the features when it comes to mid-range scopes.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez, I ask him when I purchased my scope about the generations and he's just listening to the folks he has sold scopes too what they like and dislike, when things are changed to make things better or worse a new generation is released. I had purchased a 3rd generation and I thought it was pretty sharp but had the issue with the sunshade threads being enough off that the sunshade would not screw on, Matt told me to send it back and he would send my a new scope? I told him to just fix the threads on theone I had and he told me since I had the problem he would just send a new scope! I got a gen 4 scope and it has the range marks on the power ring for both MIL and MOA and a couple other things that I forget since I don't have the scope in front of me.

I can tell you this that his price for what you get is a dang bargan! his service if you have a problem is worth the price of the scope and hey he's an Okie to boot. He told me he's work on getting to a point that his scopes are not good scope for the money but just a damn good scope.

Nope I don't have any stock in his company but the way I have been treated and the product I have recieved from Matt I'll talk very highly of him and his product. Later,

Kirk

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to get one several times and he never replied back. I wish Millett would listen and fix their reticles and knobs and they'd sell like hot cakes.

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get on sniper central.com or on snipershide.com and get a good review of the scope and how well they hold their zeros and shoot a box test. They get pretty good reviews for the price range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom