Would this shotgun work for deer and hog?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I am looking into a shotgun as opposed to a rifle is because of price. I plan on buying a rifle this fall to winter when maybe they will have them a little cheaper (atleast that is what I have been told) but I would like to have a shotgun in my repetoire as well and figure I can use it to take to the range until hunting season and perhaps use it for deer this season and on hog until deer season gets here. I don't know if that 12 ga from academy that I posted is worth the price though. Seems like it is, but like I said. I know nothing about guns. My preference though if I can find a good deal is a 30.30 or a 30.06. They are all 350 plus though.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since no one is going to answer your question,

then Yes it will work for your needs. The others bring up some other ideas, but that shotty will work for you. It will give you the ability to have followup shots, vs a single shot rifle, plus the shotgun gives you so many options from self/home defense, to bird, small critter hunting, plus your deer and other larger animals.

But on that note, there are several inexpensive rifle options out there..mossberg atr even new is much less than 300 but then you need to scope it. Several companies make excellent single shot centerfire rifle cartridges, that can be found affordable www.hr1871.com comes to mind, just picked one up on osa cheap without a scope.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since no one is going to answer your question,

then Yes it will work for your needs. The others bring up some other ideas, but that shotty will work for you. It will give you the ability to have followup shots, vs a single shot rifle, plus the shotgun gives you so many options from self/home defense, to bird, small critter hunting, plus your deer and other larger animals.

But on that note, there are several inexpensive rifle options out there..mossberg atr even new is much less than 300 but then you need to scope it. Several companies make excellent single shot centerfire rifle cartridges, that can be found affordable www.hr1871.com comes to mind, just picked one up on osa cheap without a scope.
yes it would work ,but your range will be very limited probably 50 yds max with that setup

Latest posts

Top Bottom