Would You Offer to Help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd point her somewhere on the guns, like you said.

If i was inclined to do the ammo I'd make a safe offer and take it all. If you net more than expected you can kick some back to her. Seems cleaner that way, but you are assuming some risk in it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not guns and ammo, I had an opportunity to meet with a Widow(friend of a friend) and discuss her late husbands shop full of "high end tools" to discuss the right way to liquidate it. Turns out he had a LOT of tools, not all high end, and in fact very little high end. A two car garage nicely organized with power tools, stationary tools, and much more, everything had a place and everything in it. Then a huge storage full of stuff just piled up. She had been told it was all worth big $$'s, she was very wealthy already. I laid out the pros and cons of estate sale and auction, or trying to sell it bit by bit, her son(my age) was engaged and willing to help. I was clear that based on the magnitude of the project I could not engage, I was just being consultative.

So based on what the OP knows, I would offer, make an initial meeting, and then be very candid with the Widow. A general rule of thumb unless she really needs money is to not do anything for 6 months to a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom