Would you rather....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you reload, they are awesome! Don't even need earplugs with the right load. I've never seen a benefit to accuracy on my end. But, there are several studies that show with certain loads they help. It all has to do with gas exiting the barrel under force or not. I'm being very broad because I don't know first hand. Just read a lot. I don't have the kind of money to try every bullet with every load configuration with and without suppressor.

OUinLA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like muzzle breaks. I have one in my GAP-10 .308 which is a lot heavier than my Rem700 and I love it. I just bought 5 muzzle breaks, they're that good. Adding one to my 700 ltr when the new chassis arrives.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea the more I mull it over the less it appeals to me. It was difficult finding a case long enough for ut as is and i really dont want to have to custom build a case.
Thanks for letting me bounce the idea around.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean I wouldn't even get one for my 5.56 I just cannot justify it. I really dont plan on having to use that rifle in combat so I don't need to be quiet about it haha

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could find a smith in the Tulsa area that would thread the muzzle on my 308 for a reasonable price and in a reasonable time frame I wouldn't hesitate to have it done. Just makes it easier to spot your own shots.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could find a smith in the Tulsa area that would thread the muzzle on my 308 for a reasonable price and in a reasonable time frame I wouldn't hesitate to have it done. Just makes it easier to spot your own shots.

Call and talk to mike at 2A. He might could do it.