WTB Taurus 738 TCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brix

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to carry my Springfield Armory xd9 sc, but it is just too cumbersome for conceal-ability. I've had my eye on the p-3at, LCP, and today saw the TCP. I had chosen the LCP over the Keltec, but have had a heck of a time finding any in stock. The TCP is in stock at Academy for $279.99. I like the 2x mags and lock after last round. Most reviews I read were pretty good, but read a couple of concerning ones i.e. ftf, jams. I am attracted by the price as well. Any owners of the TCP or does anybody have an opinion on purchasing one? Basically a novice looking for feedback. :thanku:

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest drawback for these little pocket pistols is the trigger pull, I bought a Ruger LCP, and am disapointed at the length and weight of the trigger. Look for the lightest one. I think the Taurus rates pretty good.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it's a .380 and a pretty sweet looking one at that. I don't own one but I want to. I've held one a couple of times now. It feels better than the Kel-Tec or the Ruger, as far as quality of build and trigger go.

shanedd1422

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine that owns one says he has had a failure to load 2 or 3 times out of 100 rds through it. He also says that it is getting more reliable as it is broken in a little more. He loves it and after shooting it I love it as well. Definitely a good gun to buy.

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that CJ Sporting Goods might have one or two left. Other than that I know that we sold out at Kings Pawn and I was calling and unable to find one at any of my distributors.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy sells them for $279 but rarely has them, you have to be fast and lucky. I picked one up for $309 at the gun show which is consistent or better than other places I have seen them. Looking forward to trying it out although I don't expect that it will be a gun that is comfortable to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom