ww11 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you find anything substantial, I am sure you know not to disturb it until it can be established that it is inert. People still occasionally blow themselves up when digging up unexploded shells.

Enjoy your garden, and keep us updated on your finds. You are gardening on hallowed ground. CB

woodin43

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes, I feel very honoured to live here and to be able to touch history like this. The finds that I have so far apart from the ammo are things like: a German officers cap badge (burned), a German ammo pouch, A German pistol holster and bayonet sheath, an American bayonet, various German mess tins, A German dogtag, Jerry cans, and other pieces. My wife found a life preserver on Utah Beach - the canvas belt type, it had been floating around somewhere for over 60 years!

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. My son was there on the beach last year and took many pictures. He wasn't lucky enough to find the kind of things you are digging up in the garden. Pleae keep us informed of your finds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom