X-die for 223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes Danny, that means the dies are working. Notice that the case didn't grow at all after sizing, which is usually one time where some case growth happens.

They will grow slightly the first firing or two, but the X-die should keep it in check if it expands much after that (.002-.003 is nothing since RCBS wants you to trim them .010 shorter than normal to begin with).

Don't change anything about the die setup and you will be good to go.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd Resizing after trim:

Average Case Length: 1.741"
Max Case Length: 1.748"

3rd Resizing after trim:

Max Case Length: 1.746"

Been out of town for the last couple of weeks. I'm planning to start shooting these rounds twice a week to speed up this test.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3rd Resizing after trim:

Been out of town for the last couple of weeks. I'm planning to start shooting these rounds twice a week to speed up this test.

4th Resizing after trim:

Average Case Length: 1.742"

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually anneal the brass after the third loading. If it gets thick enough for me to consider neck reaming it, I will probably put it in a bin for winter when I spend more time at the loading bench than I do shooting. The only time I normally neck turn or inside neck ream is when converting brass to a smaller caliber, such as making 6.5 swiss from 30-06 brass. I have reamed 7.62X51 military brass when converting it to .243. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom