XD 40 vs M&P 40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this has not been asked allready. If so, sorry. I am thinking of getting another 40 cal. I am between the XD and the M&P. I went to Outdoor America today and played with both. I like the way the XD fits my hand better. There is not much difference in price. The XD is $459 and the M&P is $529 with a $50 rebate. Just wanting to know from people who have shot both what you like about each and don't like. Thanks.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm really on the fence about this too. I want the .45 though.

Both of em have a pretty nice trigger for a factory gun, and both are super accurate for me.

I don't know what to tell you.... Get both and give one to me??? maybe??

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both, and I like them both differently, The XD is heavier than the M&P I like how easy the M&P is to field strip and clean, I love both guns, I prefer the M&P because it lacks the grip safety

OKCGLOCKER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently rented and shot an XDM40 and an M&P40C at Heartland in Edmond. I was going to buy the XDM, but changed my mind after shooting both. I liked the M&P better - but that's just me. You might do the same and see which works best for you.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have both, and I like them both differently, The XD is heavier than the M&P I like how easy the M&P is to field strip and clean, I love both guns, I prefer the M&P because it lacks the grip safety

I have both also and I'm the same as you, love both of them. My XD is my go to gun right now, the full size M&P is the best feeling gun that fits right in my hand, and it does hold more in the magazine which is bonus. The only thing I have against the M&P is the lack of a "real" slide release. One day I'll get around to finding out if there is something I can do about that. To me the M&P looks better than the XD and like DestructoJr says, the M&P is lighter. If I had to give one up, I really don't know which one it would be.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned both in 9mm & 40 & prefer the XD line. These are the wife & my carry weapons. Do what you can to shoot both & see what you prefer,as everyone has different likes & dislikes. Both of these are very nice guns hands down.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still torn. I went to Outdoor America today and looked at both again. I am leaning more to the XD, but really like the way both feel. If one of you guys have one you want to get rid of, it might make my mind up. I am not sure if I want to go with the 40 or the 9mm. Going to see what kind of deals are at the gun show tomorrow and then if I don't find a deal tomorrow I am going to buy one on Monday most likely. Thanks for all the input guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom