XD Question and Advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All

I was at a local gunshop buying some ammmo for my .44 and started looking at the autos. After speaking with the guy behind the counter I have my heart set on an XD in .45 and 4". They are onsale now for $499.95 including 2 mags, night sights, speedloader, lock and case. You can also get 3 extra mags and a double mag holder for free from Springfield on a promo they are having for new purchases. Is this deal as good as it sounds and are the XD's a good gun for that cheap of a price?

Also, by looking at the Springfield website what are the differences between the XD and XDM's????

Thanks for the input.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Difference is the XD(M) has a (M)atch grade barrel and is also a more slender/ergonomic gun. The slide isn't square on top like the XD too. That's a really good price for a .45 XD though. Unless you are carrying it, I would go with a 4.5" barrel, instead of the 3.8" if it's the same price.

Springfields are nice guns. I have a 9mm XDM 4.5". Will eat any ammo. Tough as nails. Very accurate and a fun gun to shoot. oh...and they look cool...

thebrez1

Marksman
Reaction score
Buy it. the stuff that comes with it is pretty much junk, but the gun is sweet. Any Springfield for that price with night sights is a good deal. I carry the Subcompact and i went out and got another because I never want to be without it. they are just fun guns to shoot and last forever!

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say search around gunbroker also. I just picked up a LNIB XDm 4.5" with heinie night sights, springfield trigger job, tac light, and 5 19rd mags for $525 shipped. I had the regular XD, it shot good I thought. But I Love the XDm version. The grips feel just perfect to me

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas. Looks at another gun shop today and found out that (I assume he knows what he is talking about) the XDm is not avail for sale in California. Don't recal the reason but go figure!!!!! Oh, and you can't buy the Taurus Judge in Cali either because it is considered a gun that has too short a barrel that is capable of shooting shotgun shells. No wonder I have the itch to move back to Tulsa next to the inlaws home. Still on the hunt for the XD and now I guess the search for an XDm is off. :fullauto:>>>>>Pelosi:clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom