XD Question and Advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have XD's 3" and 4". Shot the 4" a lot in IDPA and no problems. accurate and like they said it does not matter what i feed it.

i also like the 'cocked gun' and 'loaded chamber' indicators. you can see these and /or feel them. great for in the dark.

a little thick to carry but it depends on what you are used to carrying, holster, preferences, body size, clothing, etc.

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas. Looks at another gun shop today and found out that (I assume he knows what he is talking about) the XDm is not avail for sale in California. Don't recal the reason but go figure!!!!! Oh, and you can't buy the Taurus Judge in Cali either because it is considered a gun that has too short a barrel that is capable of shooting shotgun shells. No wonder I have the itch to move back to Tulsa next to the inlaws home. Still on the hunt for the XD and now I guess the search for an XDm is off. :fullauto:>>>>>Pelosi:clap3:

There has been a lot of requests for Springfield to bring the XDM over to Cali, but the last time I heard there was no plans. The XDM is nice but you can get a trigger job and a better barrel and you'll have a firearm that is as good a shooter as the XDM (probably better). I have a the XD45 and I have had no issues with it for a couple years. I own a XD9 that has seen over 12k rounds without a hitch.

With the cali laws being what they are I would just get a XD45. Your down 3 rounds per magazine, but the XDM45 is 13 rounds also.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot of requests for Springfield to bring the XDM over to Cali, but the last time I heard there was no plans. The XDM is nice but you can get a trigger job and a better barrel and you'll have a firearm that is as good a shooter as the XDM (probably better). I have a the XD45 and I have had no issues with it for a couple years. I own a XD9 that has seen over 12k rounds without a hitch.

With the cali laws being what they are I would just get a XD45. Your down 3 rounds per magazine, but the XDM45 is 13 rounds also

So, what's the reason it can't / won't be sold in cali?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what's the reason it can't / won't be sold in cali?

Capacity. They're considered high capacity firearms. I'm pretty sure there isn't an XDm with the required # of rounds to be allowed to be sold in Cali. My XD45 compact feels great in my hand with the 10 rd mag, but if you had bigger hands you'd probably want the extended mag and grip.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the gun's ergonomics, but that varies from person to person quite a bit.

My only problem is the grip safety. Not that I ever had any trouble deactivating it, but I don't think it's necessary and it's another thing to go wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom