Xdm handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have you considered the M&P PRO? I have the XD and it is a fine weapon, it goes bang every time and you have no trouble trusting your life too it. The first couple hundred rounds were rough accuracy wise but now it is similar to my glock. If I could have afforded the xdm at the time I would have gotten it no doubt.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the XD and XDm in 9mm. Both were good guns. Both have a better grip then the Glock, but as always, I went back to Glock. I would go shoot one and see what you think.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had trouble with my XDm. The striker assembly broke around round count 2000. I ended up ordering a new assembly. I attribute this as a manufacturing defect rather than a problem with the design. I would recommend looking at the M&Ps as well, and then go with whichever feels better to you.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both Glock and XDM. I haven't had any real trouble with either YET. The most trouble I've ever had was with a Gen-4 Glock 17 and the RSA issue.

The XDM seems to fit my hand a little better than the Glock. I like the front and rear serrations on the slide of the XDM and the changeable backstraps. The grip safety is a nice feature too. After looking at it for a bit, I find that it has features of the Glock, Colt's 1911, Sig Sauer and touches of the Browning Hi-Power.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The XDM is a fine pistol and very accurate, however, it has a higher bore axis which will translate into more felt recoil and slower to get back on target. That's been my experience with it.

J

Jckellison

Had one, sold it. Loved the grip, hated the recoil. Sticking to my glocks, though I'm pressing myself to order an M&P 45... Love that desert tan

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in law enforcement and the agency I work for issues Glock 19's, but I checked mine back in about a year ago and went orginally with a XDM 40 in full size and just last month bought a 3.8 XDM that I plan to transition to once I get to the range and qualify with it. I also have a MP9C that I carried for a while and its a great gun, but no where near the accuracy of the xdm for me anyway. BTW I am going to sell the MP9C and possible the XDM 40 if anyone is interested.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For you guys that have glocks and xds, Springfield calls the xd a single action, does it have a single action feel to the trigger or is it the same as a Glock?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The XDm is a great weapon, just as are Glocks & M&Ps.

Before choosing, you need to determine what you want to use the guns for (competition, range toy, safe queen, etc), and then test drive each model before deciding which to buy. If you're thinking competition ask the competitors which they prefer and why. Personally I don't like Glock because of the grip angles, however, a lot of competitors love their Glocks. When I tested the guns the XDm felt better in my hands than the others, I didn't understand bore axis at that time. If I had it do again I'd probably take a harder look at the M&P for several reasons, lower bore axis, easier/less expensive to modify the trigger, more accessories available, & cheaper mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom