Y2K

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked for Siemens which had the SW Bell Telephone account. For a week prior to Y2K, I was supposed to go into their main office in OKC and change the date to Dec, 31st 1999. I was to be prepared for anything wonky on their camera DVRs or their access control systems throughout the state of Oklahoma. I was told I had a counterpart that was doing the same in Dallas and parts beyond.
Nothing happened. I then waited an hour after every change and set the clocks back to the correct date and time.

I was also requested to be present the night of Y2K at the SW Bell office. I was met by the then President of SW Bell Johnny Johnson. When he greeted me he said, "Well Snattlerake, are you ready for the biggest non event in history?"

I will never forget those words.

I did forget he brought pizza.

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t do anything different not buying into the hype. “Bank vaults will open, factories will shut down and traffic controls will wreak havoc on the population.” I was in the same boat as @Snattlerake although at the time I’d just switched companies and switched from AB to Cuttler Hammer selling motor controls ie touch-panels, PLCs and Industrial computers amongst other things. It was a total non-event.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sat around a big conference table watching DVDs, eating pizza and waiting for something to happen. It was a non-event due to the massive amount of analysis and preparation in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom