Y2K

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Cushing, Ok. fall out of an airplane. Well 4 of us jumped at midnight. 3 of us landed at the airport and one landed in the tank farm. He had us scared for a hot min tell the security guard brought him back the airport.
I’ve never skydived. Had opportunities, but just can’t bring myself to jump out of a plane

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About all I did was check my stock of reloading supplies and I bought a 5 gal. can of kerosene for a heater I have.

Wife ask if we were going to stock up on a bunch of food I told her that we didn't have to because our neighbors already did.....it took a couple of seconds for the light to come on.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a full tank of gas in my ol Chevy and a full roll of Copenhagen. I figured I had a day or two to get it figured out if things went south. I just remember being sorta relieved and WTF all at the same time within a minute or two after midnight. Most folks have long forgotten the hype over about 3 years leading up to that nothingburger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t do anything different not buying into the hype. “Bank vaults will open, factories will shut down and traffic controls will wreak havoc on the population.” I was in the same boat as @Snattlerake although at the time I’d just switched companies and switched from AB to Cuttler Hammer selling motor controls ie touch-panels, PLCs and Industrial computers amongst other things. It was a total non-event.
I was Instrumentation and control at an OG&E coal fired power plant putting out 1150 megawatts that night.
Full crew on staff. We had tons of pizza to eat knowing nothing was going to happen, but we had to make a showing for the customers with pics posted online. About 2am, went home. Had to be back on site at 7am after an 18 mile commute one way. No holiday time off at a power plant.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never skydived. Had opportunities, but just can’t bring myself to jump out of a plane
Me either. I have said during my technician career, "If I ever have to jump out of a plane, it had better be going down and on fire. And I want a fish tape instead of a parachute because I just know it will catch on something."

Latest posts

Top Bottom