Y'all looking for an old Ford truck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Make a EGR delete plate and do away with that EGR crap. The engine will thank you.

Unless you have one of those that new enough and computerized enough that doing that might make things worse.
I’ve thought about this a bunch. If I do the delete with the code continue to flash?
The biggest issue right now is getting the pipe broke loose from the valve. I’m hoping I don’t have to pull the intake if I have to twist it off.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it was a car w2ith a 351 engine.

Buy them books and buy them books, all they do is eat the pages. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Bought a low mileage '77 LTD 351 cid that had been abused by it's previous owner (very few if any oil changes in it's 33K life) and then I got it and abused it more (added a Holley 4bbl carb, intake and cam with fresh lifters.) At around 80K miles developed piston slap and kept running till I sold it at 100K miles. Rear seal leaked bad, replaced it 2X.

Easy to work on, could reach everything. If I had been more mature it would have lasted much longer.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve thought about this a bunch. If I do the delete with the code continue to flash?
The biggest issue right now is getting the pipe broke loose from the valve. I’m hoping I don’t have to pull the intake if I have to twist it off.
Plate the hole where the valve sits, use the old valve and just leave it plugged in laying to the side. It wont know its gone. May just need to clean it good to get the light to stop.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a F-250 in Jan '89. Super Cab, 460, 5 speed, tri-tone. Drive out was less than half of the OP.

Had to replace the 460 at 288k miles. At 296k, gave it to Son - in - law. It lasted 6 weeks, totalled.

That truck was a beast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom