Yardwork is dangerous, watch yourselves!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m gonna say he removed the whole line assembly and bolted an edger blade to his weed eater and was holding the thing sideways (vertically) when it came loose, moving at a gagillion RPM and hit him in the wiener. 😉
Yep!
A second cousin started a concrete business by buying a lease with access to river sand many years ago. Then bought a concrete truck that had the chain break on a load for almost nothing when the concrete set up because the drum wouldn’t roll.
He spent a month inside with a jack hammer to clean it out and got the business started.
Found out he needed a concrete saw, so he built one. No guards.
During a cut, the blade came apart and did a clean amputation just below the knee of his right leg. He lived for a couple years later but succumbed to infections because he wouldn’t take care of himself.
So you’re probably right. A combination of bad decisions.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Applicant: Hi, I'm here to apply for the lady boi position.

Interviewer: It says here on your application that you were previously a Gardner?

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, I have used edger blades on a string trimmer head, even put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a brush cutter head for bigger brush. Hearing this story is going to require me to change my ways, seriously too. Honestly I don't know what I would do if this happened to me. The survivalist in me might kick in and make a bandage or tourniquet, retrieve the "missing link", hopefully some ice and go find help. The realist in me might decide, this is fate, this is how you die, take a look, it's all gone. and just sit down and die.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, I have used edger blades on a string trimmer head, even put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a brush cutter head for bigger brush. Hearing this story is going to require me to change my ways, seriously too. Honestly I don't know what I would do if this happened to me. The survivalist in me might kick in and make a bandage or tourniquet, retrieve the "missing link", hopefully some ice and go find help. The realist in me might decide, this is fate, this is how you die, take a look, it's all gone. and just sit down and die.

Of course I do not have the proper appendage for this to be a big deal to me but I've heard stories from old ranchers about farm hands (or their ranching or farming buddies themselves) cutting themselves with chainsaws bad enough that they bled out before they got back to the truck.

And I heard them enough times in my child- and young adulthood to make me EXTREMELY wary of yard tools. I used to think I'd just sit down and wait until either someone came to rescue me or I died, whichever came first. Because living with crippling, debilitating injuries just wasn't something I wanted to deal with. If I had that to look forward to then ... Well ... Jesus take the wheel ...

Then a tree attacked me. 🤦🤦🤦🤷🤷🤷

And here we are. Lol 🤣🤣🤣 I guess you just never know how you will react until you are put in certain situations ... 🤔🤔🤷🤷🤷💀💀

Latest posts

Top Bottom