Yeager got his CHL suspended.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is the problem with turning the RKBA into a privelege, subject to the government's approval. If you decide to use your freedom of speech in ways they don't like, they can withhold the privelege. Worse, the speech he had his PKBA revoked for was merely stating the rationale behind the Second Amendment.

This thread disgusts me.

He disgusts me because he doesn't represent logical and intelligent gun owners. If you start threatening to kill people (original video) when there's no direct threat, expect repercussions.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am no fan of Yeager...in any fashion. And I think what he said was very stupid. However for them to suspend his CHL sets a VERY dangerous precedent. I would support him suing the living $#!+ out of them for doing this...its pretty drastic compared to all the inaction taken in response to the hate speech the left has been spewing, like killing NRA members and dragging politicians behinde trucks. Did they suspend that guys drivers license?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about we analyze the back story and how we got to where Yeager is today before we fully judge him?

I'm not a Yeager fan by any means. I think he's prone to poor judgement. However, this is a beast of our own making.

Yeager was a small town local cop. The U.S. invaded Iraq and created overnight, an entire cottage industry of highly paid private security that were in essence, contract military personnel. With stop-gap in place, there's a literal vacuum of qualified candidates. Lots of guys just like Yeager were drawn to the money and signed up. Lots of them were wholly unqualified for the missions they accepted.

So now Yeager's in the middle of Iraq, working for an at best, mediocre company to provide security in what is really an active war zone. His team gets ambushed after some poor decisions by the team lead. Yeager is out of his element and makes some mistakes. Mistakes that could've easily been made by anyone in his shoes. He lives, some of his team dies. He's left trying to make a palatable meal out of a **** sandwich. He doesn't tow the company line and that puts him at odds with literally everyone.

He comes back stateside and tries to continue on like he's actually done something. Lots of people are calling him a coward behind his back and on the internet. It gets to the point he throws down the gauntlet on the internet, inviting his detractors to come fight him. His name is already mud and his students are finding out that they're not getting jobs if they list him as their trainer. The pressure is on. In a long line of bad decisions, he's upset that his continued livelihood is at stake with the new legislation and he takes it one step too far. Now he's the posterboy for why we shouldn't have guns.

They say pride goes before a fall and I'd say his has been wrecked completely. I doubt any of us would like being in his shoes. I think he's completely out of his depth as a trainer. His decision making skills are poor, but he wouldn't even be where he is today if our collective decision making skills as a country weren't flawed as well.

He also signed his name, agreeing to the terms of his CCW permit. If one of the conditions of his permit was possible revocation for making public threats, then so be it. All of us who've signed for an SDA permit are subject to the terms of issuance here as well. Let's hope we'd all have the good sense to not pull a Yeager and risk having our permits pulled, even for a review. JMO, YMMV

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what he said was stupid, it still wasn't illegal and it wasn't a direct threat. The left is out there making direct threats every day. They are calling out names of people and organizations. They are pinpointing people's homes which are then targeted for burglary. They are breaking gun laws on TV. And I have yet to hear of any of them losing a constitutional right based on those direct threats. There was an investigation into the illegal magazine used for fear mongering on TV, but no charges pressed and no free speech or freedom of the press rights revoked.

The message being sent here is the left can use their first amendment rights pretty much any way they want, but if you want to exercise your second amendment rights, then your first amendment rights are immediately reduced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom