You are good, Barack Obama. You are great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I get my Saint Barack O'Bama (I added the apostrophe to emphasize his Irish roots!) medal?
Is he the patron saint of diminishing returns?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is he the first kid to pray for an American president? My guess would be no. But, of course, he's a black kid praying for a black president. That's an outrage, right?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He gets a pass because he's a little kid. Wait till he hits puberty. It'll be safe to shoot him down in the street. Patience, patience.

Though I tend to believe that IG is wrong on most issues, I must come to his defense on this as - here he is merely attempting to be sarcastically funny. Do not take his comment out of context. He is using the talking points the left has been dangling about since the George Zimmerman acquittal.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is he the first kid to pray for an American president? My guess would be no. But, of course, he's a black kid praying for a black president. That's an outrage, right?

No, praying for the President and national leaders is likely a regular part of many families' prayers.
However, the messianic terms with which Obama followers have tended to discuss this President - and have apparently inculcated in their children - are kind of unsettling to some. They appear somewhat out of place in a self-governing Republic of men, not angels, where laws not personalities should rule.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, praying for the President and national leaders is likely a regular part of many families' prayers.
However, the messianic terms with which Obama followers have tended to discuss this President - and have apparently inculcated in their children - are kind of unsettling to some. They appear somewhat out of place in a self-governing Republic of men, not angels, where laws not personalities should rule.

This I don't get. He's six years old. What, exactly, do you expect him to know about our self-governing republic? How does he represent a race or a political party in a one minute youtube vid and how should he be held to account?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This I don't get. He's six years old. What, exactly, do you expect him to know about our self-governing republic? How does he represent a race or a political party in a one minute youtube vid and how should he be held to account?

Did you miss the part about parents inculcating exaggerated messianic terms? What I said was basically an indictment of of the parents not the child.

Latest posts

Top Bottom