You Can't BUY A Headline Like This!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me, if any of the Fox commentators donated to political campaigns, it would lead on every stations newscasts.
What about the fox commentators that ARE politicians with their own campaigns?

Three of the top five choices in the Southern Republican Leadership Conference's recent straw poll on favorite 2012 presidential candidates had more than one thing in common: They're all on the Fox News Channel payroll.

Mike Huckabee hosts his own weekend show at Fox, Newt Gingrich gets frequent air time as an analyst and Sarah Palin is a celebrated recent hire. Mitt Romney, who won the informal sample, does not work for Fox.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the fox commentators that ARE politicians with their own campaigns?
Last time I checked, they are all private citizens that are neither in office currently, nor have active campaigns for future office.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I checked, they are all private citizens that are neither in office currently, nor have active campaigns for future office.
Nobody has an active campaign right now.

But they are all republican favorites for the 2012 nomination and Rupert has them(cept for Romney) all on the fox payroll.

No conflict of interest there. :wink2:

awww.foxnews.com_static_all_img_head_logo_foxnews.png

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody has an active campaign right now.

But they are all republican favorites for the 2012 nomination and Rupert has them(cept for Romney) all on the fox payroll.

No conflict of interest there. :wink2:

awww.foxnews.com_static_all_img_head_logo_foxnews.png
Just because they are somebody's favorites, doesn't mean that they are going to run. Hillary is a current Dem favorite, but it doesn't mean she is going to run (at least she said she isn't going to run today). Just because someone is in the public arena, doesn't mean they are being unethical. IF/when they declare, sure, they will have to remove themselves.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Who let the trolls in?

First, do you two have some sort of personal vendetta against Fox? I don't care personally, so don't point your red herring guns at me. You two are the first to bring up Fox in the this thread. So if you don't have some way of defending your favorite ethical news station (MSNBC), then shut up and go somewhere else. Fox has nothing to do with this thread.

Second, I see no ethical reason for a political commentator to have a personal pick, and to donate to that campaign (they do get to vote still, don't they?). Unless, as in the case of MSNBC, there is a corporate rule saying they nor their employees will do that. So Fox having no such policy (going from what I've read in the thread), is free to corporately or individually donate to whomever they choose; MSNBC has such a policy, so either they can all "ethically" NOT donate to anyone, or unethically donate. Which is the case at hand with this thread.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who let the trolls in?

First, do you two have some sort of personal vendetta against Fox? I don't care personally, so don't point your red herring guns at me. You two are the first to bring up Fox in the this thread. So if you don't have some way of defending your favorite ethical news station (MSNBC), then shut up and go somewhere else. Fox has nothing to do with this thread.

Second, I see no ethical reason for a political commentator to have a personal pick, and to donate to that campaign (they do get to vote still, don't they?). Unless, as in the case of MSNBC, there is a corporate rule saying they nor their employees will do that. So Fox having no such policy (going from what I've read in the thread), is free to corporately or individually donate to whomever they choose; MSNBC has such a policy, so either they can all "ethically" NOT donate to anyone, or unethically donate. Which is the case at hand with this thread.

While I agree with you, and at the risk of throwing fuel on the fire, Olbermann asserts he does not vote as to gesture to remain impartial:

http://gawker.com/5082235/keith-olbermann-enrages-view-ladies-by-not-voting

I think this is on-topic, as it relates to Olbermann and allegations of his political bias.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sort of a vendetta against TVism in general. I don't care if you throw Beck and Olberman in the river in the same tow sack. The country would be better off for it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
All I was saying there, was that fundamentally, I see no ethical problem with a political commentator voting and / or donating to a specific campaign. The problem here is that MSNBC has a policy against such.

And there, what you said, makes it worse, as he said he is trying to remain impartial, while donating to a campaign (obviously partial).

The other point of my post is that nothing here has anything to do with Fox, and I'm sick of all the chimp-like poop slinging off topic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom