You Can't BUY A Headline Like This!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I was saying there, was that fundamentally, I see no ethical problem with a political commentator voting and / or donating to a specific campaign. The problem here is that MSNBC has a policy against such.

And there, what you said, makes it worse, as he said he is trying to remain impartial, while donating to a campaign (obviously partial).

The other point of my post is that nothing here has anything to do with Fox, and I'm sick of all the chimp-like poop slinging off topic.
I see your point.

The purpose of the OP was to embrace the high standards of ethics at MSNBC and NOT to ridicule Olbermann.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just working off this thread. Cardsfan tells me that MSNBC has a policy in place prohibiting commentators from making these sorts of contributions. Fox has no such policy. Hence, the use of the words "ethical standards".
Sorry for the confusion.

Understand. If you did have msnbc, you would know. They have been in trouble many times for exaggerating and fabricating stories. They give a quick " sorry" and go back to bashing Bush. Rachel Madcow took a story about a black man taking his gun to a rally and by the time she was done in the edit room. It was a Racial, radical, gun nut story. She made the story out to look like it was a white guy and was after Obama.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wish is that more people would think for themselves and that more people would understand and acknowledge the difference between news people and political commentators. Olberman and Maddow and Stewart and Colbert and O'reilly and Beck and Hannity and so on aren't news people, they're commentators.

Olberman is still an ass...I don't care what his views are.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wish is that more people would think for themselves and that more people would understand and acknowledge the difference between news people and political commentators. Olberman and Maddow and Stewart and Colbert and O'reilly and Beck and Hannity and so on aren't news people, they're commentators.

What if they were equal opportunity bashers?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The difference is that Stewart and Colbert and O'reilly and Beck and Hannity acknowledge that they're commentators. Olberman and Maddow consider themselves news broadcasters/journalists and MSNBC holds them out as such.

As expected. Didn't expect MSNBC to cave to public opinion, did we?

Latest posts

Top Bottom