You need to have a colonoscopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3 weeks ago my aunt went in for a colonoscopy because of blood in the stool, she said she has had this problem for awhile but has been incarcerated. Well the test shown she had a 2 inch cancerous polyp in her colon! with further testing 2 more ( one 6mm and one 4mm) polyps were found in her lungs. I think she may of saved my life and more. Today me and my stepfather went in for a colonoscopy this morning, my stepfather had a 10mm polyp 9 with pending pathology results) and i had a 6mm polyp looks to be not cancerous and it was removed. We have a family of colon cancer and it shows. Please pray for my aunt, she has the worst hand dealt to her...and pray for my stepfather, whose polyp may not be cancerous, but we dont know yet. I thank my aunt for saving my life because if she didnt go get checked out..I wouldnt have gotten worried about my own issues and had them checked out.

If you havent had one and have especially those who have a family history if it, PLEASE go get checked. its not really that bad. 20-30 procedure and you dont remember a thing. Ya just have to take some meds the day before to clean out your system. Dont wait to get it done, is all im saying. Get peace of mind now.

Maybe this may save atleast one other person out there...
If ya catch it early it can be removed and done with.

arshooterone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers sent and thats great advice. I lost my dad to colan cancer at the age of 62. By the time he was diagnosed it was too late. Hopefully your aunt hes caught it in time.
So in for my scope and had a cancerous polyp, was removed without any problems. I'll be praying for you all.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for that post, MrShooter - excellent reminder that everyone should have that test done periodically. Had mine done several years ago; as you said, I didn't feel a thing. (I've had much worse pain and discomfort from minor tooth work.) Prayers will indeed go out to your family members; I wish them the best.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. And one more thing, don't think you're too young to go get checked out. Like I said, I had a 6mm and I'm only 23. Ill be getting checked every few years, only downside was I had to miss the H&H classifier match on Sunday because of that gallon of "poo be gone"

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family history is one of the keys for having a colonoscopy. Typically, for a healthy person with no problems or family history, age 50 is about when it is recommended getting your first one. Colon cancer is one of the top preventable cancers with regular screening but people get anxious about it when you start talking about the exam.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't jails have medical staff? Did she just not want to tell anyone about it?

Good luck... healthcare in "the system" is a joke. You wouldn't believe how many chronic and new problems go completely untreated in the DoC.

And quite often, when prisoners develop a long-term problem requiring significant treatment, they suddenly find their sentences commuted.... go figure.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandfather passed away because of colon cancer. Found it to late and it spread rapidly. My dad gets checked almost annually and I should probably get in to be checked myself soon.

Thanks for sharing and prayers for your aunt and dad.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two colonoscopies . Really very painless..

worst part is fasting and cleaning out the day before.Drinking the green bottles.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandmother had colon cancer which was caught in time. Her brother died from colon cancer. My father, mother, brother and I have all had polyps removed (my first was at 45 years old.) I was told the rule of thumb is to be test at age 50 or ten years prior to the age of a family member who had a polyp discovered.

Best friend's mother died of colon cancer as she had been told for years the blood in stool was coming from hemorrhoids. GET CHECKED OUT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom