Your opinions on Kel-Tec PF-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to Kel-Tec or not to Kel-Tec.

I am interested in your opinions and experiences with Kel-Tec. Mainly the PF-9 or PF-11.

I have shot the PF-11. It had a heavy trigger pull, somewhere around 9 lbs. The gun felt good in the hands. It is a double stack so the grip is large enough to hang on to.

But my main concern is the PF-9. Any of you shot one or own one?

Thanks.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a PF9 and put about 200 rounds down it. Purchased it new and never had an issue. I did sell it, just decided to get another glock.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have/had a PF9. It never failed me and was accurate for what it was, but it was super uncomfortable to shoot and just didn't feel right in my hand. My wife loves the little guy and she has made it her carry pistol. It allowed me to buy the Ruger LCR which I wasn't a fan of and sold, and now the M&P shield which I really enjoy.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have the PF-9. It works. Not pleasant to shoot, or terribly accurate; and it has given me nightmares in which I keep pulling the trigger and pulling the trigger and pulling the trigger and pulli.... er, and the gun never goes off. Probably due to the 10lb trigger and the 1/2 mile long pull, but the gun works.

My wife has adopted mine. I'm looking at trying the CM9 or maybe the new Rem R51 if it's out before I buy something.

On the other side, my grandpa has one, and it has a light strike issue.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the PF-9. It works. Not pleasant to shoot, or terribly accurate; and it has given me nightmares in which I keep pulling the trigger and pulling the trigger and pulling the trigger and pulli.... er, and the gun never goes off. Probably due to the 10lb trigger and the 1/2 mile long pull, but the gun works.

My wife has adopted mine. I'm looking at trying the CM9 or maybe the new Rem R51 if it's out before I buy something.

On the other side, my grandpa has one, and it has a light strike issue.

That is too crazy. I swear I had the same dream over and over. And now that you mention it, it was around the same time I purchased the keltec. I told my wife that I kept having a dream where all I needed to do to save her life was pull the trigger. But no matter what I did or how hard I tried, I couldn't pull the trigger. Like I didn't have the strength or it was impossible to do. So weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned one and probably shot 800 to 1000 rds,
snappy but worked well, it will do the job of self defense not fun for target shooting,
I think that's what killed Travon
I'm laughing about NikatKimber & jakerz, do your wife's practice with the PF9? my wife could shoot it just fine but she said it hurt to shoot.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one, ...accurate, reliable, good sights, decent trigger. It is small, thin, and light so a 9m/m kicks like a mule in it. But it doesn't hurt, my hand just gets a little numb so I would shoot a .22 for a while and I only paid $199 and it was an outstanding value.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned one and probably shot 800 to 1000 rds,
snappy but worked well, it will do the job of self defense not fun for target shooting,
I think that's what killed Travon
I'm laughing about NikatKimber & jakerz, do your wife's practice with the PF9? my wife could shoot it just fine but she said it hurt to shoot.

It's funny. The pistol would sting my hand when shooting it, but she loved the way it shot. I had her try 2 different revolvers S&W and LCR, both 38spl. She preferred the keltec so that's what she carries. She shoots a lot with me and can run a semiauto with ease. Basically, she knows how to clear a jam and get it back into operation if there are any issues. So I, and her, feel comfortable with her carrying a semi auto over a revolver which is what is usually suggested for women shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom