Your opinions on Kel-Tec PF-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemipowered22z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. Its my primary ccw weapon. I think its great for the money. trigger pull is a lil long compared to like my Kimber but thats ok to me on a carry weapon. They are fully made in the US (Cocoa Beach FL). The PF9 will also shoot +P ammo supposidly although I probably wouldnt. I have no complaints about mine. I would reccomend it for sure.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great size, very reliable, hard trigger, HORRID range weapon. You get a couple of mags into it and that's about all the punishment you want. Now, as a "shoot every now and then, carry when it's too hot for a big gun" type of thing. I'd recommend it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Great size, very reliable, hard trigger, HORRID range weapon. You get a couple of mags into it and that's about all the punishment you want. Now, as a "shoot every now and then, carry when it's too hot for a big gun" type of thing. I'd recommend it.

I try to shoot 2-3 mags whenever I take it out.

More than that and I would start developing bad habits from the flinch.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely a point and shoot gun for me now, cant really focus too good on those small sights. Nothing wrong with them, but like already said, shoot it last at the range.
20140112_073124-1.jpg

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wanted a purse/nightstand pistol that fit her hand and was capable of holding a light. I bumped around on the net and figured that the PF9 was a reasonably priced option. Bought one from a member here (think he had reliability problems with it) which turned out to be a loose extractor screw. Cleaned the extractor screw hole, added a drop of red locktite and tightened it. Sanded the sharp trigger bottom edge with a scrap of sandpaper. No malfunctions with range or defends ammo since.

As to the above comments of "hard kick" (Recoil) with compact 9mm pistols, I'd describe it more as "Snappy". Even the Kel Tec P40 that really stung after several mags of 155gr Speer GDHP didn't kick "hard". Still these are close range defense pistols that really don't get shot much, once the pistol and ammo prove reliable.

So, to the OP, if you haven't already made up your mind, I'd say go for it. Stainless slide (HC plated? Can't recall which) if pocket carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom