Zastava PAP M92PV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are good quality, but watch out if you shoot surplus through them -- it will eat out that non-chromed barrel in no time if you don't clean religiously. And for me anyway, being able to eat cheap ammo like candy and not having to clean religiously are some of the main reasons to buy an AK!

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are good quality, but watch out if you shoot surplus through them -- it will eat out that non-chromed barrel in no time if you don't clean religiously. And for me anyway, being able to eat cheap ammo like candy and not having to clean religiously are some of the main reasons to buy an AK!

Thanks for the update. All of my 7.62x39mm is commercial, so none of it is corrosive. I pay around $0.23 - 0.25 cents per round.

Where are you finding corrosive, surplus 7.62x39mm? I thought that stuff had been outlawed in the 1990s.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the .223 version and I really like it. I put a 74 style muzzle brake on it just to improve the profile. From the short barrel .223 provides a pretty good fireball. Recoil is virtually nil, and accuracy is really good for the ranges I've used it at. I put a single point sling on mine and use forward tension to help stabilize during shooting sessions. As an aside, I have found it extremely fun and easy to bump fire from the hip. I haven't tried shoulder bump fire yet.
Overall, I'd say go for it. .223 mags are kinda hard to find and pricey for good ones, but it is what it is. $400 seems like a steal to me.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. All of my 7.62x39mm is commercial, so none of it is corrosive. I pay around $0.23 - 0.25 cents per round.

Where are you finding corrosive, surplus 7.62x39mm? I thought that stuff had been outlawed in the 1990s.

The yugo surlpus is corrosive but lead core. But it has pretty much dried up.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang thing is now on backorder!

I am thinking of cancelling my order with Centerfire Systems and ordering from J&G Sales. The lady on the line at Centerfire Systems was very helpful, but she said that she "hoped" it would be 1 - 2 weeks before it would ship. She said that she did not make promises because their suppliers do not make promises.

All I'd lose in the deal is one less mag, but that is not that big of a deal.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang thing is now on backorder!

I am thinking of cancelling my order with Centerfire Systems and ordering from J&G Sales. The lady on the line at Centerfire Systems was very helpful, but she said that she "hoped" it would be 1 - 2 weeks before it would ship. She said that she did not make promises because their suppliers do not make promises.

All I'd lose in the deal is one less mag, but that is not that big of a deal.

I think Patrick has some over at BANG.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not in Tulsa.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

But for $438, that is essentially what I am ordering and paying for once you include shipping and transfer.

Hmmm...I might just have to go over there and visit my old stomping grounds.

Is there a chance I might see Reddog1?

Always could see my Mom while I am over there as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom