Zero Turn Mower/Air Filter Maintenance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since there are a few posts in here about Zero Turns and I happened to mow this morning and the mower I used was due a filter clean, as I clean the filters on my two zero turns every other mowing. I thought I'd show how I clean them. I have done this for 35 years or so since the bigger zero turns came out. I know it works to get great longevity out the engines as everything else will wear out and the engines are still going strong. I have built a few log splitters out of the engines, and used a few of the other engines to run water trash water pumps and such.

Below the photos show how I use a Dewalt small blower to blow the filters out from the inside and on most Kohler, Kawasaki etc engines they use these type filters and the Dewalt little blower fits perfect inside the rubber hose mount and tap on it as it blows, cleans it out fast. Then blow the over filter cloth from the inside out. The photos of the filters back on the engine shows the clamp that you can un-tighten with your fingers. It is a fast maintenance that will extend the life of the engine. I have a friend that owns one of the largest Hustler Dealerships and states people grossly neglects the air filters. I ran and owned a Dozer Company and Farmed, air filters kept clean is the LAW! LOL!

IMG_6526.jpeg

IMG_6525.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6527.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I saw "Zero Mower Maintenance" I thought you were talking about my mower. Ego Zero Turn. No maintenance, no filters, no oil, no belts, no fuel, no stopped up carburetor.
View attachment 505082

A friend lives in a Housing Addition and has one of that brand in a Self Propelled Mower. He loves it.

I wear earplugs when I mow with my two zero turns! LOL! They loud and I am trying to preserve what hearing I have left!

Can you mow an hour on a charge?

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend lives in a Housing Addition and has one of that brand in a Self Propelled Mower. He loves it.

I wear earplugs when I mow with my two zero turns! LOL! They loud and I am trying to preserve what hearing I have left!

Can you mow an hour on a charge?
Yes. I mow a little over an acre and I can do it on one charge.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It comes with 4 batteries but will take 6. I also have their self propelled mower tha came with 2 batteries. You can easily mow an acre on four batteries if you haven’t let the grass get too high. Batteries come out easily but it charges pretty fast.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It comes with 4 batteries but will take 6. I also have their self propelled mower tha came with 2 batteries. You can easily mow an acre on four batteries if you haven’t let the grass get too high. Batteries come out easily but it charges pretty fast.

When I get old enough to give up mowing all I do and have to get a smaller place, I’d most likely try one out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom