My turn- Neighbor borrowed my riding mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a funny/not so funny twist to the above story. The guy that borrowed the transfer pump texted me on Wednesday to see if I wanted to ride out to his deer lease with him on Saturday (yesterday), and I said yes. He texted me on Friday to see if I could bring the transfer pump and a tote to haul water out to their deer lease camp, and I told him the pump wasn’t running and I got rid of the tote.
Guess who never heard from the guy again about going to the deer lease yesterday…:scratch:
Figures why i keep to my self for the most part!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loaned a guy a shop built trailer that I built, hauling loads all over the Midwest. It was built over strength which is my modus operandi. If I want something capable of hauling 2 tons, it’s built to haul 6.
He had some house hold furniture to move from Amarillo to Ponca. He left Ponca, loaded his stuff and came back to Ponca dropping the trailer off with both fenders off the trailer, laying on the bed looking like they had been beat with a sledgehammer.
Welds were not broken, the metal fenders were ripped off the trailer. No offer to help repair.
That was the last time I’ve loaned rolling stock.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loaned a guy a shop built trailer that I built, hauling loads all over the Midwest. It was built over strength which is my modus operandi. If I want something capable of hauling 2 tons, it’s built to haul 6.
He had some house hold furniture to move from Amarillo to Ponca. He left Ponca, loaded his stuff and came back to Ponca dropping the trailer off with both fenders off the trailer, laying on the bed looking like they had been beat with a sledgehammer.
Welds were not broken, the metal fenders were ripped off the trailer. No offer to help repair.
How the Heck must have been a good driver

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.....the last time I loaned a trailer....many many years ago. He had jack knifed while backing. hitch caught between the 2 balls on his bumper and bent the sh*t out of it.....he had no idea why we needed a sledge hammer to get it off his trailer ball. Had to cut the hitch off and replace before the trailer could be used again.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing is I really didn’t want to go anyway. My wife tells me I need friends, so I agree to do stuff with other people even though I had just as soon spend the day with my dogs and cats or working around my place (which I did yesterday and today).
I have anti social tendencies as it is, and when someone does me like this guy did, it just exacerbates those feelings. The real kicker is this guy REALLY wants to come up to my Oklahoma place and hunt with me, but that sh*t definitely ain’t happening.

OMG I dunno how exactly but we have GOT to be related. Grumpy tells me ALL THE TIME I need to get out more. Why would I want to do that?? I LIKE my life!! My dog loves me, my cat is laying here keeping my feet warm and my husband is snoring while "watching" the football game on the Spanish channel because ****ING DIRECTV CANNOT GET THEIR **** TOGETHER. 😡😡😈 Yeah, they need to give me $10/MONTH until they get their mess straightened out -- not a piddly $10 ONCE ... Whew ... Glad I got that off my chest. 😂😂😂 And he thinks I need to be "out in public" as my kids used to say?? 🤷🤷 Ehhhh ... I'm not feeling it ... 🙄🙄😂😂😂

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep.....the last time I loaned a trailer....many many years ago. He had jack knifed while backing. hitch caught between the 2 balls on his bumper and bent the sh*t out of it.....he had no idea why we needed a sledge hammer to get it off his trailer ball. Had to cut the hitch off and replace before the trailer could be used again.
About 2004, I took my old 24’ gooseneck trailer to my parent’s house in Oklahoma, so my Dad could use it to move his tractor around (he could’ve and would’ve bought his own, but I had just had a custom trailer built and wasn’t going to use the old one). At some point, my Dad let his farmer neighbor borrow the trailer, and when I finally got it back after my Dad died, the original wiring had been spliced with romex (none of the lights worked), the original light brackets were gone and others had been welded on in a different place, and over half the floor had been patched with rotten plywood.
I took the floor completely out of it and bought one of those magnetic light kits in order to get it back to Texas, and now it’s been completely rewired and has a brand new treated floor.
I’m with Dennis on not ever loaning a trailer again.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 2004, I took my old 24’ gooseneck trailer to my parent’s house in Oklahoma, so my Dad could use it to move his tractor around (he could’ve and would’ve bought his own, but I had just had a custom trailer built and wasn’t going to use the old one). At some point, my Dad let his farmer neighbor borrow the trailer, and when I finally got it back after my Dad died, the original wiring had been spliced with romex (none of the lights worked), the original light brackets were gone and others had been welded on in a different place, and over half the floor had been patched with rotten plywood.
I took the floor completely out of it and bought one of those magnetic light kits in order to get it back to Texas, and now it’s been completely rewired and has a brand new treated floor.
I’m with Dennis on not ever loaning a trailer again.
Yes. If they don’t own a trailer more than likely they have no idea about turning too sharp and God forbid backing it.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my 2006 Ram 3500 with newly rebuild transmission and engine rebuild for $5k. Reason? The guys employee Jack knifed a gooseneck flatbed and crushed the passenger side doors. I ordered two doors off eBay that were the same color. Done a whole lot of other stuff to the truck. But there are perks to people being bad trailer backers lol

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG I dunno how exactly but we have GOT to be related. Grumpy tells me ALL THE TIME I need to get out more. Why would I want to do that?? I LIKE my life!! My dog loves me, my cat is laying here keeping my feet warm and my husband is snoring while "watching" the football game on the Spanish channel because ****ING DIRECTV CANNOT GET THEIR **** TOGETHER. 😡😡😈 Yeah, they need to give me $10/MONTH until they get their mess straightened out -- not a piddly $10 ONCE ... Whew ... Glad I got that off my chest. 😂😂😂 And he thinks I need to be "out in public" as my kids used to say?? 🤷🤷 Ehhhh ... I'm not feeling it ... 🙄🙄😂😂😂

DISH went into negotiations with FOX in Jan. We had to watch Superbowl on Spanish channel.
Bill came and I deducted $10, wrote on bill why.
They sent Feb bill with $10 due and late fee.
I called and told them to cancel their ****, I wasn't paying them a dime and had attorney waiting to sue their ass, if they wanted to pursue.
They agreed to the $10 reduction.

Don't take their crap, shove it down their throat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom