Zimmerman/Martin trial in FL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are alot of legal drugs that could be used agaist people.
Your absolutly correct.
Doctor shopping for pain pills is a major problem these days.
We lost a close family member to pain pill addiction.

Isn't there a registry now that logs what drugs people buy to alert authority's?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be plausible if EVERY business known to man doesnt reinforce their no gun signage/display in quadruplicate and/or have to hire additional employees just to stand at the door to keep people from violating their business owners rights.

I think this is exactly whats going to happen. I'm all for open carry if it's done when it's needed and necessary. Unfortunatley there are too many "Mall Ninja" types that are going to ruin it for everyone. Then there are those that are going to push it just because they can.

C

Clay

I dont care about these drug reports. THC is not a dangerouse "anger causing" drug by any means. TM was a susspisious looking guy in a dark neighborhood. Was he on the street or walking close to houses? Do we know that part? IIt makes a difference. GZ approached him in some manner and TM began pounding on him. If I am having my head bounced off the sidewalk you can bet I will draw my gun if I am able and use it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your absolutly correct.
Doctor shopping for pain pills is a major problem these days.
We lost a close family member to pain pill addiction.

Isn't there a registry now that logs what drugs people buy to alert authority's?

There is an Oklahoma state website that will show recent prescriptions filled of controlled substances within the state of Oklahoma. To my knowledge it doesn't alert anyone and has to be manually checked by a practitioner with a valid OBN (Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics) login.

Perhaps there are some safeguards where if a person fills multiple prescriptions for multiple meds at multiple pharmacies from multiple prescribers, it would generate a report to some unknown entity, i.e., the OBN or OSBI... but based on my experience... NOT.

And for those so "in the know" about the medications prescribed to GZ, temazepam is a benzodiazepine similar to Valium that is most often prescribed (again, in my experience) as a single dose at night to aid in sleep. I wouldn't see it as much of a factor in this case. Adderall, I dunno... that's something entirely different. Relevancy of that one is still to be determined.

As for the "trace" MJ in TM's system, show me an assay that will QUANTITATIVELY measure THC and I'll show you something that is never used in the medical system... in forensics, I wouldn't know. But I'd be surprised. The point is, this kid may not be the "angel" he has been portrayed to be by his family and much of the media. I'm not condemning him, nor saying he was high at the time of the event. It just shows a pattern. Just as abrasions on TMs knuckles and bruising and abrasions on GZ's face and head is also a pattern... one you can deduce yourself.

I still think GZ is going to go to prison, though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is exactly whats going to happen. I'm all for open carry if it's done when it's needed and necessary. Unfortunatley there are too many "Mall Ninja" types that are going to ruin it for everyone. Then there are those that are going to push it just because they can.

When is open carry needed and necessary?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly said:
I wonder how many people on here "with ccw" take some kind of drugs, that could come back on them in a shooting.

And every time there is a discussion on this forum concerning whether MJ should be legalized, this is the exact thought in my head. Several forum members have freely admitted to the use of it but somehow I'm the crazy one for suggesting that this is not the place to discuss it.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said or implied the media was biased in Zimmermans favor. Rather i said the media was biased. By that i am implying the media is biased one way or the other in their reporting.

So how is one supposed to take this exchange?

Trayvon was a thug in the wrong place.
I doubt you knew that kid, or any more details than anyone else. You only know what the biased media reports.

Lets wager.

Yes the media has been very biased in this story. In fact, the best journalism on this story has come from local sources like the Orlando Sentinel. They have been covering the whole story and not just race baiting.

Is GZ guilty? IDK but the guy doesn't stand a chance when he has been demonized and TM has been sainted. The THC simply shows that a false picture has been painted to cause the firestorm. It really has jack to do with the actual case in the courtroom.

C

Clay

I think there were a lot of things that both these guys did wrong actually but when TM started the violence (and it didnt stop at one punch) stuff went south in a hurry and TM was in the wrong ultimately.
Im not a racist, I have black friends, it is what it is. I do feel bad for his mom but in the end, he was a product of his upbringing and it cost him his life....period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom