Zimmerman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The President is a news maker. When he spoke on this case, the Defendant's position became untennable. I'm glad Zimmerman had a vigorous Defense, but it is as chaff in the wind...

I think you are giving too much importance to Obama and what he said months ago.
They have been listening to the proceedings from the start and have had a couple of weeks of that testimony being the focus of their lives.
Maybe some (or all) had some preconceived idea and maybe all came in to the court room with an open mind.
Either way, they have had a lot of evidence to ponder over and ferment in their brains.
Unless they are all completely closed and narrow minded, the courtroom proceedings should give them plenty of reasons to debate what was presented in a serious manner without much worry about them being "Obamatized".
More recent ideas should take precedent over old news.

If you are talking about the where's and why's that brought the case to trial in the first place, I agree with you 100% that Obama was front and center in that taking place.

No matter how the trial ends, as Americans, we will all be able to be proud in the fact that even though several well known and powerful people and news organizations have tried many different tactics to railroad this incident into something it isn't, at the end of the day we can say that it came down to a reasonably fair and openly aired trial decided by a handful of legitimately chosen jurors.
Contrast that to what happens in some other countries and it makes me pround to live in this country, even though it isn't perfect.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No matter how this ends, I have a feeling this could be the most historical event to negatively impact gun rights since the attempted assassination on Ronald Reagan.

Guilty or innocent this will undermine stand your ground laws. If found guilty, it will weaken the courts interpretation to the right to defense, if found innocent politicians will go on the warpath to change laws.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been 1.5 hrs so far.

I am going to become sexist here and mention that it is a jury completely made up of WOMEN.
They have probably spent the time so far making small talk and trying to decide on a foreman.
Most of the women I know spend nearly that much time first thing in the morning deciding to what to wear that day.

Ok, go ahead and bash me for being sexist, just keep in mind that I have been married for many years and have a daughter and two granddaughters.
Heck, there is even some country song about Waiting on A Woman.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Damn my soul! I have to leave for work in 15 minutes w/o hearing if the verdict is 2nd Degree Murder, or Manslaughter!

Edit: Well, I'm outa here. From what I understand the Jury just came back in to ask the Judge a question. Will be off line until Monday evening. Yall have a good weekend.

Sincerely, 0311

Last edited:

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just told you I thought they would acquit more likely than not.
Maybe a 20% chance the jury hangs.

Yes, but it seems you have been advocating for a guilty verdict, despite all that is unknown. Then again, that seems to be the prosecution's best argument. . .

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but it seems you have been advocating for a guilty verdict, despite all that is unknown. Then again, that seems to be the prosecution's best argument. . .
I haven't been advocating for a guilty verdict.

I've argued that we can't take the defendants word as a factual part of the case on its own as some here have.
He's on trial for murder and highly motivated to tell a story that shifts the blame to the decedent.
A flat out claim that TM instigated the fight can not be proved by the evidence alone.
I do think he probably committed murder but I can't prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been advocating for a guilty verdict.

I've argued that we can't take the defendants word as a factual part of the case on its own as some here have.
He's on trial for murder and highly motivated to tell a story that shifts the blame to the decedent.
A flat out claim that TM instigated the fight can not be proved by the evidence alone.
I do think he probably committed murder but I can't prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

So in other words, you don't think he had any reason to fear great bodily harm or death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom